Custom Bracket for Catch Can (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to install a catch can and couldn't find a great spot for it to mount so I decided to make a custom bracket. Basically took 3 shelf brackets I had lying around and cut and welded them to mount to the screws that hold in the washer fluid reservoir. It also connects to an unused threaded hole above the wheel well. It's really solid. Figured I'd share in case anyone's wanting a good way to mount additional things in the engine bay.

F2DDDE8D-516E-4A01-ADE1-2A5FBEDB5CE3.jpeg

60CD46E8-0FDD-4A2C-8A62-6FE739938B76.jpeg

209A8C16-7CD4-4623-A847-8409BCA226E8.jpeg

EFC0823D-27E4-466F-BD6B-63A63E29D8EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Moroso. I got it on ebay but they seem to sell it everywhere with different vehicle specific brackets.

Yep.

Every Oil Separator will be different....depending upon size, how the hoses must be routed and how it is emptied.

The 'JEGS' unit I chose is fairly small and doesn't require much in the way of a special bracket (depending on where you choose to mount it).

I just used a piece of flat stock, slotted the bottom of it to fit behind one of the bolts on the intake manifold. Used the bracket that comes with the separator and screwed it to the flat stock.

Then just ran my hoses from there. I ordered a couple of 45° barb fittings.....but straight ones, or 90° could be used if you aren't using molded hoses like I did.

Regardless the set up.....I think it is a worthwhile endeavor....(IF like me, you don't want a bunch of oil vapor being circulated back into the intake).

It could be argued whether or not the oil poses any issue....but I just don't like the idea. I know one thing for sure....the inside of my intake manifold was absolutely filthy when I removed it to do my head gasket.

Oil Sep Mount1.jpg

Oil Sep Mount2.jpg

Oil Sep1.jpg

Oil Sep.jpg

This is really the only mod i regret spending money on. I got this same Jegs can, and it's so over priced. the plastic cup cracked and started leaking within 3 months.
I just threw it all in the trash and was like. Welp, i guess I'll clean out the manifold at the next HG change. 🤷‍♂️

This is really the only mod i regret spending money on. I got this same Jegs can, and it's so over priced. the plastic cup cracked and started leaking within 3 months.
I just threw it all in the trash and was like. Welp, i guess I'll clean out the manifold at the next HG change. 🤷‍♂️

Haven't had any problems with mine. You did use the drain screw on the bottom right? Not unscrewing the entire cup to empty?

Yep.

Every Oil Separator will be different....depending upon size, how the hoses must be routed and how it is emptied.

The 'JEGS' unit I chose is fairly small and doesn't require much in the way of a special bracket (depending on where you choose to mount it).

I just used a piece of flat stock, slotted the bottom of it to fit behind one of the bolts on the intake manifold. Used the bracket that comes with the separator and screwed it to the flat stock.

Then just ran my hoses from there. I ordered a couple of 45° barb fittings.....but straight ones, or 90° could be used if you aren't using molded hoses like I did.

Regardless the set up.....I think it is a worthwhile endeavor....(IF like me, you don't want a bunch of oil vapor being circulated back into the intake).

It could be argued whether or not the oil poses any issue....but I just don't like the idea. I know one thing for sure....the inside of my intake manifold was absolutely filthy when I removed it to do my head gasket.

View attachment 2592769
View attachment 2592772
View attachment 2592775
View attachment 2592783
Nice! I have a supercharger and have the pcv routed pre blower so I wanted my can on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom