curved rear windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you. I figured it did but wanted to confirm before the hammer goes across the floor and a strings of $$^@^&@%^@@^@^ follows with my kids watching me.

I don't think the procedure requires a hammer!

A hammer fixes EVERYTHING! :)

Shawn

I need to replace one of mine also. I pulled one out of another pre-75 top, but it was smaller and it had the cord you pullout of the gasket. Can someone tell me what year glass I need to fit in the larger opening without the cord? Both tops are non-corregated with lift hatches.

News to me

I need to replace one of mine also. I pulled one out of another pre-75 top, but it was smaller and it had the cord you pullout of the gasket. Can someone tell me what year glass I need to fit in the larger opening without the cord? Both tops are non-corregated with lift hatches.

I've never seen one with a cord. The ones in my 74 were the same as the ones I pulled from a newer top with the kick out vent windows (81 ?).

From SOR it looks like the windows are the same from 71-84 if I read things right.:cheers:

buy a can of Wurth Sa-Besto (rubber restorer and conditioner used by Mercedes techs.... slippery as heck, be careful!!) and they are much easier to work into place when you use a skinny, stiff plastic rod of some sort. I used the handle of one of my kids baby spoons to work it into place. like a charm!! no cord on a 78 top.... gasket only

I found the curved windows went in easier than the rest. Took two of us, one to apply pressure and one to pull string/cord and work the rubber in.

The change happened with the 72 model. And yes the glass is a different size. This holds true for the large side glass too. Any glass from 72 up should work. Which side you need? I have one set of sides that missing one piece of corner glass. This is a parts top that I could remove the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom