Currently On the Road: CDL Stuck & PCS Error (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey op, I remember you looking for a LC for the past 9 months. Glad you found a nice rig. Those heritage wheels are a heck of an upgrade, and look sweet on your truck. Glad you found the problem regarding traction control. Did you make it home?

Hey Jordan,

Glad you found a good looking LC. Hoping for the best outcome here with your unfortunate break. I've never seen this before and I'll probably be ordering those guards as a result.

Lets ride together next time (+Artie). I'm not familiar with Three Sisters but I've been all over that area.

RT

I have not been down this particular road but will check it out. Anything cool in there?

I didn't know much about this road going into it. There is very little beta out there. From the maps I found, it appears to be an in and out at 2.9mi one way. We took it about 2 miles in, but didn't go all the way in because we came across a frozen hole and there was no way to test the depth. It was just my vehicle out there and after having gotten that dashboard Christmas tree, I knew when to say when.

It's mostly uneventful and dry (thankfully) although there are some mild ruts that likely get pretty muddy. I only encountered one halfway-technical spot that I requested a spotter on. It's a nice little rock ledge you get to drop into. This vehicle is 3 weeks new to me and overall I thought this trail was a nice and easy shakeout drive.

IMG_5268.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Hey op, I remember you looking for a LC for the past 9 months. Glad you found a nice rig. Those heritage wheels are a heck of an upgrade, and look sweet on your truck. Glad you found the problem regarding traction control. Did you make it home?

Thanks @tacoduck. Some people aren't a fan of the silver/bronze, but I am. I did make it back.

Hey Jordan,

Glad you found a good looking LC. Hoping for the best outcome here with your unfortunate break. I've never seen this before and I'll probably be ordering those guards as a result.

Lets ride together next time (+Artie). I'm not familiar with Three Sisters but I've been all over that area.

RT

Hey man! I think the armor is a good idea. I may take @grinchy 's advice and, for the time being, buy a pair of generics to keep in my tool box.

I'm definitely up for a ride with you and @Artie.

Once I get the replacement installed and ensure that the ABS sensor is to blame for every malfunction I experienced, I'll make a list of what was disabled. I think there was some confusion in the beginning, but I can tell you that 4Lo WAS functioning and I was able to engage and disengage after the sensor broke.

This vehicle is 3 weeks new to me and overall I thought this trail was a nice and easy shakeout drive.
This is funny because the first or second time I took mine out I ended up down a super narrow fs road that was completely obstructed so I had to do my best Austin Powers multi multi point turn around. I hit a big rock on one rear wheel on the way up and the other on the way out. Must be a North Georgia shakedown thing.

I’m game for some joint adventures in the future if you don’t mind hanging with a stay at home dad.

I got mine installed during my lunch today, happy to not have to worry about it anymore.

H97m5Lp.jpg

y8BSsB6.jpg

GJr8yVD.jpg

How visible are these? I’m debating on getting mine powder coated.

You'd have to have it on a lift or be on the ground and looking up at the CV to see them so damn near impossible.

SDHQ is going to wonder what is going on when they sell 100 sets of these in one week. :)

I just received the shipping notification for my set...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom