1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Ouachita National Forest Conditions and routes?

Discussion in 'AR- Razorback Land Cruisers' started by SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr, Oct 10, 2017.

1. SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr SILVER Star

Hey everyone, I will be heading out to the Ouachita National Forest from Oklahoma on Thursday. I have been out towards Mt. Ida before, but that was mainly for mountain biking. We did get on some forestry service roads at that time, but they were not even close to a challenge.

This time we are looking to do a little more wheeling. I was wondering if any of you have any trail/route recommendations more in the south- central/western portion of the forest. It would also be a big plus if they are close to some climbing/bouldering areas.

I have been looking at forestry service maps and what not, but they don't really show how easy/difficult they could be. Some are labeled for ORVs which I would assume deals with side by sides and four wheelers. Last time I went out to Arkansas to wheel was for the High Water Mark Trail so I am not looking to do the same thing twice as I know there are tons of roads out there, and I would like to do something else.

USDA Forest Service FSGeodata Clearinghouse - FSTopo Map Products

Are there any areas to avoid? I know the K-trail in Oklahoma was sketch at times and if I remember correctly it is now closed. I am not aware of any areas out there like that, but we would definitely like to avoid areas like that. Thanks