Current 62 Door Card Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Idaho Savage

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey Gang

After thorough searching, it would appear that refurbishing door cards is currently a DIY effort. Problem is, I don't have any upholstery shops near me. I'm capable of cutting steel, should I go that route but I wanted some insight before embarking.

I also saw that folks like TT made aftermarket options for periods of time but there doesn't seem to be current conversation on the topic.

In short, I'm looking to lighten and de-gray the interior of my 62 to more of a brown/tan. I've ordered carpet from @dnp, aftermarket seats that are a brown color and am now thinking about the doors.

Any direction is appreciated.

I had OEM-ish ones made by SMS Auto Fabrics. Took a helluva long time, but there look great (haven't intalled then yet, been over a year- been a little busy) seach SMS Auto fabric

I had OEM-ish ones made by SMS Auto Fabrics. Took a helluva long time, but there look great (haven't intalled then yet, been over a year- been a little busy) seach SMS Auto fabric

Thanks...will do!

can you post some pictures of these?
I chose the black carpet as I am putting in black carpet. Hope these help. I also didn’t want speaker or window switches (mistake).
16DFCC94-8172-44BF-B3E8-CF9C0F914A81.jpeg
F4FC13E6-8CF4-4663-A75A-900FF63025D6.jpeg

6768672B-E04C-49B0-96CA-007D5FFA18E0.jpeg

Those are as close to OEM as you'll ever see. Amazing.

I chose the black carpet as I am putting in black carpet. Hope these help. I also didn’t want speaker or window switches (mistake). View attachment 2412807View attachment 2412808

View attachment 2412809
I know SMS made these door panels for Rich, but wondering if anyone on here knows the answer.

So far I have gathered a few resources including this video someone else on Mud posted, unfortunately the OEM Aussie door cards have a chrome trim over the portion I am curious about.

Depending on the condition of the MDF when I remove it, I plan to cut new panels out of plexi or some other weather resistant material. I plan to pick up some vinyl to match as close to OEM color/my dash as possible and reuse the brown pinstripe fabric that is on my doors currently. What I am wondering is how to attach the vinyl to the fabric in the same fashion that it was from Toyota. It appears to be pressed/glued or melted on there. I have seen people sew them together with nice results, however I don't know how to sew and would like to do this myself.

Not quite OEM, but this is probably what I am leaning towards for trimming out the fabric if I don't hear anything back around reproducing what Toyota did on the originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom