Cup holder in a 70 serie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
Someone have some pictures of there factory cup holder in a 70 serie Cruiser ?

It's not always easy to drive with a hot coffee between my legs ! :)

Don't know about a factory one...the older ones didn't have cup holders. But I believe G&S were selling a retractable double cup holder that went into the DIN slot under the radio...don't know if they already sold them all or not.

Factory… is it mean homemade ?

Anyway, show your homemade or factory or OEM… I what see cup holder.

Thank Stone for the information. ;)

Yup, we had some. I'll check with Sheldon to see if there are any left.

gb

You want the newfie solution?

Take large roll of duct tape, place roll inside center console top box. Upon purchase of beverage, open top console, place cup inside roll of duct tape and enjoy. Standard metric duct tape roll accomodates small-grand-venti coffees, 7-11 Big gulps, and Apu Squishies.

wesintl said:
DOh.. but me down for one..

I'm sure you can pick up a roll of duct tape at the local hardware store! :D

might help to see it installed, its rather compliated, now this is not the JDM version ;)
55779861.jpg

73648608.jpg

Island Moose said:
You want the newfie solution?

Take large roll of duct tape, place roll inside center console top box. Upon purchase of beverage, open top console, place cup inside roll of duct tape and enjoy. Standard metric duct tape roll accomodates small-grand-venti coffees, 7-11 Big gulps, and Apu Squishies.

Deny said:
I'm sure you can pick up a roll of duct tape at the local hardware store! :D

I'm a fan of the duct tape method for 40 series but with carpet and a cb I would like something better. Besides pimp can find OEM ball peen hammers, fog lights, switches but can't seem to find OEM cup holders :confused: LOL.

My spelling seems to be getting worse.. either that or it's my typing, Yeah that's it. :crybaby:

OH.. on sunday I cleaned out all the change that happened to find it's way under the center consol. Too bad it was all cdn funny money. I was going to throw it out but :idea: I thought the neighbor kid might think foreign money was cool. :popcorn:

Here is ..02 fj60 solution
111_1169.JPG

How much for the cup holders, I may want one too
Ryan

My 93 has OEM cupholders and two areas for pens, cellphone and the like.

Everyone who is firm that they want one let G&S know and I will gather some more. Takes a little time.

How bout that strategically placed product endorsement with the duct tape holder. I don't think you can be a Canuck without a roll of the silver stuff hanging about. :)

Duct tape forever!

-Kevin

I used 2 bottle holder fron a bike and fit almost perfect in the dash... and the air conditioner kip the drinks cool....

Last edited:
I'm sure works very well , but tis very fugly

practical has no beauty.

Stone said:
Don't know about a factory one...the older ones didn't have cup holders. But I believe G&S were selling a retractable double cup holder that went into the DIN slot under the radio...don't know if they already sold them all or not.

The ones we had were Japan aftermarket. We have sold em all. Not an ideal design in that they are more of a beer can holder than anything, the proximity of the holes to the protruding dash pad did not allow for any sort of tapered cup to fit.

Speaking of cup holders.. my next one is going to be one of these
http://www.riversedge.nb.ca/faq.html These are the shiiat. I once saw them
being demo'd at a trade show stuck to the top of a remote control truck and the thing was ripping all over the place with a NO LID cup of coffee and it did not spill... but anyhoo

Sheldon

Greg_B said:
Yup, we had some. I'll check with Sheldon to see if there are any left.

gb

Can I see what it look like ? .. here or on the G&S web site ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom