Cummins 4bt in portland, OR area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have a mini truck or a cruiser with the Cummins 4bt in the Portland area that I can take a look at and maybe drive. I would like to do this swap to either my FJ60 or an 89' extra cab. I'd be willing to drive a couple of hours if need be.:cheers:

MetalTech4x4.com has a good-running one down in Newberg in a bread truck that they are selling.. Not the same but they might be willing to let you take the bread truck for a spin, for what its worth, you can at least hear it run...

just curious - why not just go for a turbo toyota "B" series engine instead ?

i have just pulled down a 14B and building it as a 14BT , seems like a strong & well built engine , block is well braced & has forged steel bottom end to handle power upgrades . I had a jeep J2000 a few years ago & was going to drop in a 4BT , but 4BT's are really heavy & noisey for what they are .

Just an opinion

just curious - why not just go for a turbo toyota "B" series engine instead ?

i have just pulled down a 14B and building it as a 14BT , seems like a strong & well built engine , block is well braced & has forged steel bottom end to handle power upgrades . I had a jeep J2000 a few years ago & was going to drop in a 4BT , but 4BT's are really heavy & noisey for what they are .

Just an opinion

I may be wrong but I think I can get a 4bt for around $2500 +/-. so it's an economical thing. Plus I can get parts for it pretty easily.

Im sure you already are, but if not you should keep an eye on craigs list. Ive seen step vans for as low as 1800. Scrap the aluminum and steel and the 4bt gets cheap fast.

There has been a guy in eugene that has posted a few wonder trucks fairly recently - some with a hercules 3.9 liter. Similar power possibilities, but slightly higher rev than the 4bt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom