cummins 2.8 Poll (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

I have a couple of build treads you can look at, and i strive to do high quality work. I am in the process of making a complete bolt in kit for the new cummins r2.8 motor for our 60's. It will be oem quality using the factory frame and trans cross member mounts. NO WELDING. My hope is we can get 30mpgs with power in these things. How many folks do you think would be interested.

I would be interested

I'd be interested. I've strongly considered the following...

4BD1T- Possibly needs SOA, good parts availability.
4BT- SOA, tons of parts availability, the most stereo typically diesel swap you can do. Definetely needs work on internal balancing and chassis work to subdue NVH.
Cummins B3.3- Economical price for a new crate engine, not a lot of info on them around and swaps are few and far between. Possibly doesnt need SOA.

I'm interested in the 2.8. I'd pay a few grand for all the parts to swap in without welding and adapt to an H55.

I'd be interested down the road. I've got the H55f as well, so it would have to hook up to it for me to be serious about it. Has Cummins given a ballpark price on this thing yet?

With the rpm limit, you may want to design an option to use a ranger torque splitter. There ought to be the room to slip it in. Even if you have an h55f with OD, the OD sucks on it. For the power to freely spin 35's I went with 4.88's. I think if I went to the hassle to do a swap, I'd want the .73 OD the Ranger offers. Presumably with the low end power increase, I wouldn't see the RPM's I do now accelerating, but on the highway I'd be hitting the limiter.

I'd be interested. I've strongly considered the following...

4BD1T- Possibly needs SOA, good parts availability. Lift yes, no springover required
4BT- SOA, tons of parts availability, the most stereo typically diesel swap you can do. Definetely needs work on internal balancing and chassis work to subdue NVH.
Cummins B3.3- Economical price for a new crate engine, not a lot of info on them around and swaps are few and far between. Possibly doesnt need SOA.

I'm interested in the 2.8. I'd pay a few grand for all the parts to swap in without welding and adapt to an H55.

My hope is we can get 30mpgs with power in these things. .

Its getting about 26mpg(us gallons) in the Foton pickup which weighs 6100lbs but I suspect that's an optimistic figure. The best a Toyota diesel will ever get is about 22mpg average in a 60.

I would be interested. Great news from Cummins. Any clues on the price? At their website they also have info on the new 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel...think it could fit?

Last edited:
A brand new modern Cummins smog legal turbo diesel in a kit for the FJ60 with power specs exceeding the 2F would be beyond awesome. I'm not in the market for a new engine (yet), but if I was, I'd be extremely interested in this ... after a guinea pig goes first to work out the bugs.

donate one to me and I'll do the first write-up.

How about an 80? Would love to do this swap one day
I have an 80 as well but I don't know if it will have enough power. Want to try it in the 60 first

I would be interested. Great news from Cummins. Any clues on the price? At their website they also have info on the new 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel...think it could fit?
I think the motor will be in the price range of the gm erod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom