Ct20 on a 2b/3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just so happens that a 13bt manifold with a ct20 will be falling into my lap in a few months when a friend of mine does a 15b swap. I was thinking scrap the turbo and go for the Garrett that enjoys popularity here but then I thought if the 20 works well then why not try it first?

What I want out of a turbo is torque just off idle so I can run thruogh deep snow without having to rev so much and the ability to drive at altitude without tons of smoke. I searched for info but found almost nothing which makes me think I might be better off skipping the experiment and just going straight to the Garrett.

Fwiw the older guru types here in Japan strongly frown on turboing the 3b. They say to expect head gasket and other cooling related issues. The 15 b on the other hand they say has much better cooling jackets and is the preferred candidate for turboing.

Pete

CT20 is a bit on the small side according to a lot of people. But if it fits and its cheap, give it a go I reckon. Will probably choke out at higher revs but if you don't drive like that anyway it shouldn't be much of a problem. Not sure if the 2b has oil squirters like the 3b, would make it slightly less suitable for a turbo if it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom