DELETED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My super generous neighbor gave me a complete W53 setup a couple of days ago and I just got it installed in my 97 LX450. I attached the slide using existing bolt holes for the third row seat anchors.

1617491233920.png

1617491353389.png

1617491379471.png

I have 8 gauge wiring running to the back of the truck through the driver side of the body to supply power to a couple of cigarette lighter plugs ( was previously running a small 30L fridge), so I added an SAE plug like these. An inline fuse was added here inside the trim panel.

1617490919167.png

The cigarette lighter cord that comes with the fridge is quite long, and while definitely adequate in gauge to safely power the fridge, voltage droop while running was a bit more than I liked -- I am running everything off of a Northstar 27F battery and 100W Renogy solar panel and MPPT controller, so efficiency is important to me, and voltage drop kills that.

1617491275256.png

Last edited:
I used as much of the SAE plug 10 and 12 gauge wiring as I could and then cut the cigarette lighter cord that came with the fridge as short as possible to allow full slider range.

1617492116479.png

(wow, the camera flash really makes the scratches on the trim panels look severe!)

While running, it pulls 2.87 amps. I am not sure if that will vary, but may go up if it has a higher operating mode for when the ambient temperatures are really high.

1617492220042.png

The app works well, although it only operates in portrait mode, so forcing it to landscape jumbles some of the text. It is nice being able to monitor / control the fridge from the front of the vehicle with my Android tablet!

1617492865728.png

Slide out!

1617492241955.png

Last edited:
@MSR3898, I just realized this is your business storefront page. I you would like me to remove these posts, I will gladly take them to the 80 series tech page.

Hey! We purchased a CSI Fridge/Freezer from you back in Jan of 2019 and it had been running GREAT! Spent 3 weeks in Death Valley running on this for our food and bouncing down the long wash-board dirt roads on the back of the Cruiser. We have since then taken it on many many adventures with us and it has been so nice to have.
I am wondering if you have an extra DC plug we could purchase? We had a little accident and the swing out was not locked and we took a corner, having too much fun, and the swing out opened ripping the cord from the power supply. It still works though but we have to check it often to make sure it is still connected. would be nice to be worry free again. if no cord, no worries, we can cut the wire and replace the plug. just thought I's ask.

Mike, Are these still available at the same price ?

Sorry we no longer sell the CSI fridge line. They can be found here:
May I ask why you no longer carry them? Any issues to be known about?
We have been using our since 2/2019 and no issues except the cord the one time but got that fixed asap thanks to you.

Our issues lie more with the company and how they did not take care of us. Rather than the product. We stive to have the highest level of customer service and when that is not reciprocated by a manufacturer we will no longer sell/promote someone else's product. Regardless of what that product is. We thank everyone for their business and look forward to helping out with any other needs. We just can't have our name attached to CSI anymore.

www.mikescustomtoys.com

Our issues lie more with the company and how they did not take care of us. Rather than the product. We stive to have the highest level of customer service and when that is not reciprocated by a manufacturer we will no longer sell/promote someone else's product. Regardless of what that product is. We thank everyone for their business and look forward to helping out with any other needs. We just can't have our name attached to CSI anymore.

www.mikescustomtoys.com
Thank you for your reply and I agree with what you said and I appreciate you striving to hold true to your customer service.

Honesty is key

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom