CSF 2708 Radiator petcock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I set out to change the coolant in my 60. I was only doing a radiator drain and fill, so I decided to use the petcock to remove the coolant. When I was removing the petcock, it was difficult (borderline very difficult) to turn out but it came out eventually. After the coolant drained, I attempted to reinstall it, and it was just as difficult to get it back in. The first few times I tried, it was starting to cross thread, but I was eventually able to get it straight and screw it back in. It has not leaked, but I am not sure what would happen on the next coolant change. It should not be this hard to get the petcock in and out.
Has anyone else ever experienced the problem I had? What is the solution?
Would a Dorman 490236 (the drain plug for the OEM radiator?Would a stock petcock work in the CSF radiator?

Thanks,
Zack

PS: Make sure you enough coolant......I assumed I had enough since I had two 1/2 gallons....nope not enough!

What is the solution?

3152X8.jpg

Brass plug.......

Isn't the petcock that comes with them plastic?

Yes it is plastic, and I assume the threads inside the radiator are plastic as well? I would be willing to try the Dorman plastic plug for the OEM radiator, but I don't know if it would fit the CSF.

I was spoiled yesterday because I did the coolant in the :princess: Highlander first, and it was smooth as could be removing the petcock....then the 60 changed all of that!

I immediately replaced mine when I installed the CSF. Just used a run of the mill brass one from Napa.

I was spoiled yesterday because I did the coolant in the :princess: Highlander first, and it was smooth as could be removing the petcock....then the 60 changed all of that!

That's usually how it goes for me when I have projects lined up on the same day. One will go smooth with no issues and the next one will cause me to cuss the dog and want to slap a stranger:mad:

I immediately replaced mine when I installed the CSF. Just used a run of the mill brass one from Napa.
God damn this one. He's so smucking fart.

I have an extra plastic one from my old rad sitting around. And I have to say I had to read the thread to learn what a petcock was...;)
I had a feeling it was the plug but the teenage girl in me had to know how this new fun word would be read throughout this thread. Granted the majority of you all have one...
Any sentence that includes the word cock tends to bring on the giggles and jokes.

I have an extra plastic one from my old rad sitting around. And I have to say I had to read the thread to learn what a petcock was...;)
I had a feeling it was the plug but the teenage girl in me had to know how this new fun word would be read throughout this thread. Granted the majority of you all have one...
Any sentence that includes the word cock tends to bring on the giggles and jokes.

well they are used for draining things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom