CSC Club/Group adjustments? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing for nothing, but this comes off pretty accusatory.

I joined the club to hang out with other Landcruiser owners and participate in the occasional ROTM. I've been a member since 2011. It's always been pretty informal. There are avenues for anyone who wants to be more active in the outdoor community, TRAL is one example, and there's plenty of crossover with CSC and TRAL.

I'm not one to judge anyone on their level of participation.
Not an accusation but more of a challenge to the club to be more.

Nothing for nothing, but this comes off pretty accusatory.

I joined the club to hang out with other Landcruiser owners and participate in the occasional ROTM. I've been a member since 2011. It's always been pretty informal. There are avenues for anyone who wants to be more active in the outdoor community, TRAL is one example, and there's plenty of crossover with CSC and TRAL.

I'm not one to judge anyone on their level of participation.

I kind of agree with @Otter on this statement. Ken, you seemingly have a wealth of knowledge regarding clubs, as you stated. Instead of being so antagonistic, why not aide in moving the club forward, with your "vast" experience, if that is what the club truly desires? From my experience, all folks are welcome and all opinions are recognized.

IMO, stating the CSC doesn't carry water, or enough of it, is kind of bullshiit. Not all clubs are created equal, chartered equally or even seeking to be equal, to another club/organization. From what I've seen and experienced, CSC is a fine org with honest, caring, welcoming and concerned individuals, that have similar fundamental values, along with a common love of the outdoors. Clubs come in all shapes and sizes.

In this case, the CSC the meeting of late, [referenced in the first post] was asking for additional ideas, alternatives, options, etc, to get the club more active / involved as it was in years past. Simply more involvement.

Last edited:
In IH8MUD's case, it's about $30,000 yearly....servers, data transfer, on-site backups, off-site backups, software, etc. Time is free.

It looks like our revolution was crushed in 15 posts. I think we should call this thread dead.

Ken, if you would like, please start a new thread with some ideas you have so we can see if we can move forward on them as a group.

you really can't blame Woody for just pointing out financial reality - mind you, he referred to costs for the whole of MUD, not just one club forum

I'd wager 99% of the people wanting to move CSC off Ih8mud found CSC here on ih8mud, ... lol. That should say something.

As someone who has run websites and managed a rather large group of users on a hobby related site (if you call 40 foot sailboats a hobby), it doesn't pay for itself nor is the managers time free. Keeping the site running well was a full time job. I kept it ad-free as a public service, but eventually the workload became a bother so I tried letting other volunteers do the work. The site quickly crumbled when the volunteers saw the amount of time it was taking.

As for Facebook? If most people knew just how invasive they are they'd be split up or disbanded for too many anti trust reasons to count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom