Cryo'd Ignition Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to do another run of 80 series (1FZ-FE) ignition parts. I'm selling two "kits"

Kit 1 consists of:
Plug Wires
Cap
Rotor
Plugs

Kit 2 is just the plugs.

All parts are genuine OEM and are treated by the leader in cryogenics treating.

Kit 1 - $225
Kit 2 - $66

Prices include shipping to U.S. addresses. Foreign orders will be charged actual freight costs.

Kits for other vehicles available as well as treating of other parts such as brake components, driveline parts, etc...

PayPal is kmoncur@cox.net

Last edited:
Plugs and wires? Really? Get more power the cool way? I'd have to see it to believe it.

I posted up the same question and did not get a response, this sound like some serious "snake oil", a cryoed cap and rotor? seriously?

Last edited:
The prior post in the 80's section got deleted, so I had to repost it over here.

Cryo treating anything that conducts electricity will cause it to conduct more effeciently.

Here are some links that can do a better job of explaining than I can.

Brake Rotors

Spark Plugs

Speaking of cryo treated tires, the guy who founded Blue Lightning Spark Plugs believes in the process so much he would get the rear tires on his Harley drag bike treated.
Undoubtedly, there comes a point at which treating a part is not worth the cost of treating it.

My own experience with both of my 80's has taught me this:
Cryo treated iginition parts do make a difference. Just the plugs alone gained HP on a 4WD dyno. IIRC, there was about a 8-10HP increase.
Cryo treated brakes have resulted in less fade and longer wear.
My '94 is running Chinese Birfields that have seen over 100K miles and plenty of trail time. So far, no considerable wear and no breakage issues. Not bad for Birfield assemblies that cost $99/side.

Yeah, those guys are bikers, not web designers.

Here's a quick video that was made that simulates how two identical plugs react under the same conditions. The one on the left is a treated plug, the plug on the right is not. Notice how the plug on the right misfires and how much the spark jumps around trying complete the circuit. The plug on the left consistently fires (completes the circuit). This allows a more efficient and complete burn of the air/fuel mixture, which in turn creates more power and lower emissions.

http://youtu.be/_tskbN0guhU

Don't worry, most people don't see it either. But those who do, see longer plug life, lower emissions, better fuel economy and more HP.

Give me verified data that it's snake oil.:D Otherwise your posts are useless nay saying.

nope, sorry bud, you are the one touting the claims. Burden of proof is on you. You say doing this creates a better part, yadda, yadda. That's great, but all I am asking for is actual testing, otherwise IT IS JUST SNAKE OIL. You can't be the only one doing it and if it is such a great thing then there has to be some real world data to support it. That is other than "if I remember correctly" data. LOL.

Here's a quick video that was made that simulates how two identical plugs react under the same conditions. The one on the left is a treated plug, the plug on the right is not. Notice how the plug on the right misfires and how much the spark jumps around trying complete the circuit. The plug on the left consistently fires (completes the circuit). This allows a more efficient and complete burn of the air/fuel mixture, which in turn creates more power and lower emissions.

Cryogenically Treated Spark Plug Comparison - YouTube

and as for this video, it is just a video, not data, the spark on the right seems much HOTTER actually, show me data on the lifespan of these cryoed parts and how they last soooo much longer and gain horsepower. I am the first to admit I could be wrong, but I am skeptical of things like this until I see independent lab testing showing this is such a great thing. Otherwise, you can say whatever you want: ie: 15 horsepower gain, longer life, better spark, makes your farts smell like strawberries.

I'm guessing that no amount of proof will be good enough since "we drive trucks with tractor engines". Therefore, no need to trash talk something you'd never buy anyway.

I am not one to jump on any band wagons because everyone else is doing it but I have to ask for more details as well.
So the Cryo process, as advertised by the links you posted, freezes parts to -300 degrees Farenheit. Now when you are dealing with parts of an engine, that have exhaust gasses reaching temperatures of 900-1200 Farenheit and more (spark plugs, glow plugs, pistons, heads, manifolds, etc.) What good does it do to freeze them to -300 to begin with? doesn't that end up being useless since you've just heated that same part to 3 times that in just regular engine use?
Please, correct me if I am wrong or educate me if I am ignorant. I am not disrespecting anyone or anything here, just looking for information to teach me so I can make an educated purchase.
I cannot understand how freezing something for a period of time can make it better once it reaches a temperture of 3 or 4 times that after the fact. How will it hold that added long life that it achieved from freezing? How will it be more resistant since the temperatures and the metal properties have change because it has been heated to beyond 3 times of what it was cooled to?
Thank you, and I am seriously interested, but want to be actually convinced by data, not stories.

Mat,

That is actually a very intelligent question.

First, I must explain why most parts fail in the first place. In most cases, it is due to metal fatigue. The cycles can be heat cycles or mechanical cycles, load cycles, etc. The definition is below:

“Fatigue occurs when a material is subjected to repeated loading and unloading. If the loads are above a certain threshold, microscopic cracks will begin to form at the surface. Eventually a crack will reach a critical size, and the structure will suddenly fracture.
ASM:
“FATIGUE FAILURES OCCUR due to the application of fluctuating stresses that are much lower than the stress required to cause failure during a single application of stress. It has been estimated that fatigue contributes to approximately 90% of all mechanical service failures. Fatigue is a problem that can affect any part or component that moves. Automobiles on roads, aircraft wings and fuselages, ships at sea, nuclear reactors, jet engines, and land-based turbines are all subject to fatigue failures.”

“The fatigue life is the number of cycles to failure at a specified stress level, while the fatigue strength (also referred to as the endurance limit) is the stress below which failure does not occur. As the applied stress level is decreased, the number of cycles to failure increases.”

Unfortunately, most manufactured products have small imperfections, stresses, etc. During repeated cycles, these stresses/imperfections grow larger and then eventually cause failure. With proper deep cryogenic processing, these stresses/imperfections will be removed and a stronger, more uniform, stress free structure remains. The part will now last much longer, because there are no small imperfections/stresses to increase in size with continued cycles and load demands. These changes/improvements are considered “permanent” but they can be undone when the metal approaches its liquefying temperatures. Not encountered in most normal applications.

Also, metals that are processed will dissipate heat approx. 35% better. By operating cooler, the cycle load has just been decreased as well. The more uniform part also demonstrates more uniformity, dramatically reducing hotter spots, cooler spots, etc.

"Structural” components aren’t the only components that suffer from fatigue. Electrical items also exhibit fatigue from duty cycles which cause the conductive material to increase resistance and become less conductive, thus generating more heat.

It definitely sounds sci-fi, but the science seems consistent with historical metallurgy. You quench steel (quickly bring the temp down) to harden, so I could see how reducing the temperature even more might enhance those characteristics. You can relieve internal stresses in metal by reducing temps, so I could see how that might help as well. Definitely an interesting concept. There's usually a tradeoff in metallugy. I'd be interested in what that might be. More wear resistance vs less ?? :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom