Crushed By a Large Tree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$50K for repairs is impressive, that the insurance co would step up to that.

I was at our local dump the other day and a guy driving a beater Tundra came up and was checking out my truck. He told me he always wanted one, that he was hoping to find a totalled one in a junkyard to fix. He said "ya, once you get over about $8K in damage, they just total these". Ya right... ok buddy. :rolleyes:

Great to see it repaired. I’m in week six of my own major body damage saga and physical repairs haven’t even started as I’m still messing with insurance.

Question for OP: did your insurance co pay you directly and then you work with the shop or did the shop submit cost directly to insurance co? I ask because I’ve done the latter on a previous major damage claim, and didn’t like not having control. I am hoping this time to be the middleman and just work out the reimbursements directly with the insurance company myself. That’s part of the ongoing negotiations with the insurance company I’m having.

Great to see it repaired. I’m in week six of my own major body damage saga and physical repairs haven’t even started as I’m still messing with insurance.

Question for OP: did your insurance co pay you directly and then you work with the shop or did the shop submit cost directly to insurance co? I ask because I’ve done the latter on a previous major damage claim, and didn’t like not having control. I am hoping this time to be the middleman and just work out the reimbursements directly with the insurance company myself. That’s part of the ongoing negotiations with the insurance company I’m having.
Shop sent bill(s) to insurer. I just paid my deductible when it was finally repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom