Crunch! Body work advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ugh, well this just happened. I backed into a concrete support beam that I couldn't see:

5o9llbo.jpg

kx0Q6sA.jpg

The tail lights and housing shouldn't be too hard to replace, but the dented in corners of the sheet metal look really hard to pop back into place.

I feel like a real idiot right now. Anyone ever deal with this kind of body damage before? Is it as hard to fix as I think it will be?

They will be... good news is there is a lot of access to the back side of those dents. One option for a savvy mechanic would be to find a donor for a patch and weld in a new corner and paint to match. The body work method would be a combo of pulling on studs spot welded to the outside in the deepest spots of the dents and pounding and pushing from the inside. Take your time in getting the metal back to close to normal, then fill and shape and sand to flush out to just shy of perfect. Mask the area out and prime it heavy. Sand to just shy of perfect and paint several coats to bring it to just proud of perfect. Cut it down to perfect with 2000 grit, wet. Buff it out and send a bill to the guy who smashed it...

Buff it out and send a bill to the guy who smashed it...

Lol, the guy who smashed it will definitely be feeling some substantial damage to my- er... his wallet.

Thanks for the solid advice. Glad to know that there is good access from the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom