Cruisin Off-Road Slider fitment around my low-hanging exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd show every one how Jason at Cruisin' Off-Road slightly modded his FJ80 catalytic converter plate on his sliders to fit around the low hanging aftermarket exhaust I had.

After getting my HDJ81, I ripped off the running boards and also got a Rage Big Bore exhaust. After coming off the turbo and heading down behind the right front wheel the exhaust was pretty highly exposed and uncool.

I intended to replace the running boards with some sliders but was worried about the exhaust's exposure. A couple of emails later, Jason made just a minor mod to his FJ80 design to have the plate snuggly fit the exhaust and keep it safe from all the gnar.

No shipping and free install if you drive out to Chilliwack too.

First pic is before; second and third are showing right slider.
IMG00003-20101110-0708.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4281.jpg

Nice work as usual. Do all the Rage's hang that low? Makes me appreciate my custom one all the more.

I don't know; it's the only one i've seen. With the design of my Rage there was no way to avoid it without cutting and welding and I wasn't into that.

I am really impressed by Jason's work.
I hope to have a skid plate from him soon.
Sliders hopefully the year after.

Yeah, they hang down that low. If I didn't already have my exhaust done, I would have gotten one of them, when there was a group buy. Since it is all in sections, it would have been easy to reworked that area to sit higher. When my present exhaust starts to rot, I would do the ATEB down the center exhaust like Jeff's in SS, and possibly cut out part of the cross member for a more straight through exhaust.

Last edited:
I like the straight shot exhaust like ATEB does, however I wouldn't go to the effort of cutting other parts to straighten the route even more. I went from a 3" straight pipe exiting in front of the rear tire (pipe was 7' long with only 2 bends) to a 3" with a high flow muffler through the factory routing, and didn't notice any difference in response or power (just way less noise). As long as there are no points of restriction like squished pipe a 3" system flows plenty of air for a 1HD-T.

That's my $0.02 backed up by some experience.

Yeah, they hang down that low. If I didn't already have my exhaust done, I would have gotten one of them, when there was a group buy. Since it is all in sections, it would have been easy to reworked that area to sit higher. When my present exhaust starts to rot, I would do the ATEB down the center exhaust like Jeff's in SS, and possibly cut out part of the cross member for a more straight through exhaust.

Yep- Glad I went fully custom. I saw Ikeeds exhaust and it hangs almost as low as the cats on a gasser. Nice truck...

I'm glad I could help you guys bask in the glory of your infinite wisdom for getting a custom exhaust. If there's anything else about me that I can tell you to make you feel superior just let me know. ;)

HA! I didn't know the Rage was available locally when I went ahead...

OK, is that a self portrait of you in your avitar, if so it will make us feel we have superior looks!:hillbilly:

Thats that alien from Men in Black?

I'm glad I could help you guys bask in the glory of your infinite wisdom for getting a custom exhaust. If there's anything else about me that I can tell you to make you feel superior just let me know. ;)

Well you do have the cool graphics that I don't have :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom