Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’ : A Love Story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Chapter One: This Baby is finally mine.

Hi! Big fan... newbie here. Just picked up my first Land Cruiser and just crazy about it. After years of admiring from the side lines (Element / Tacoma), I finally pulled the 4x4 trigger and this beauty showed up.

Just shy of 200k, this ‘96 FZJ80 (yup, with lockers) was well appreciated & clean. I started with new tires, updated the sound system, dress up the stock wheels (powder coated black) and a little lift. Oh and I put in cup holders, lol. It’s a work rig with room for play on the weekends.

Definitely have project dreams and a bunch of off road toys on my Xmas list, but for now just getting to know the pure joy of the drive ....and taking a second job to pay for all the gasoline.

Please share your must-haves / favorite on-board tools (jacks, kit, compressor, etc) safety eq & accessories. Thanks!

F74571E3-0EE9-49EF-A075-4657D512E8FF.jpeg

Beautiful looking truck! Can you post pictures of your cup holder locations?

Thank you! Will post pix this week, but just so you have an idea, there is an available space for an OME retracting cupholder on the top right of center accessory panel. Found a dead stock one on eBay. The other is a 3D printed cup holder that slides into the open space between the E Brake & transmission shifter. Also found on eBay, the seller can do in grey or beige.

OME = Old man emu (suspension, owned by ARB)

OEM = Original equipment manufacturer (Toyota)

Nice cruiser. Ditch those running boards.

Thanks! Total typo! And yes, those running boards.

Welcome :flipoff2:

Toyota bottle jack works great, but get one of these to throw in the jack compartment too: Jack Adapters - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

The Puma air compressor works awesome and is well priced, but takes up a whole lotta space: Puma PD1006 12-Volt 3/4-HP 1.5-Gallon 50Ah Continuous Duty Air Compressor for sale online | eBay I gave up on permanently mounting mine and usually just let it bounce around in the back seat floorboards, hook it up to the battery with jumper cables when ready to use.

Or if you've got the money, York is the king of OBA: York On Board Air solutions from Wits' End Lives under the hood so it doesn't take up any space.

Last edited:
Welcome :flipoff2:

Toyota bottle jack works great, but get one of these to throw in the jack compartment too: Jack Adapters - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

The Puma air compressor works awesome and is well priced, but takes up a whole lotta space: Puma PD1006 12-Volt 3/4-HP 1.5-Gallon 50Ah Continuous Duty Air Compressor for sale online | eBay I gave up on permanently mounting mine and usually just let it bounce around in the back seat floorboards, hook it up to the battery with jumper cables when ready to use.

Or if you've got the money, York is the king of OBA: York On Board Air solutions from Wits' End Lives under the hood so it doesn't take up any space.

This rocks, thank you! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom