1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruisers that go BOOM!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by RUfj40crazy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. RUfj40crazy

RUfj40crazy

While were on the subject of cars that go boom how about a 40 that goes BOOM!!!
    Not that I like to annoy people that ride around at 2 in the morning but I do however on occasion like to hear the radio or CD over the tires! SO therefore I have today invested in phase 2 of audio de la 40!
    So the local electronics dealer (Crutchfield) had a sale and I sucked it up and purchased non-essential running equipment for the cruiser. I did however get a deal, brand new Panasonic cq-c1121u head unit, one set of 4" blaupunkt tsx402 as well as a set of 6"x9" blaupunkt pcx573 speakers.
    The real nice thing is that all the speakers are polycarbonate cones and the 4" are completely cased in plastic, not so much with the 6x9’s but good enough. Both sets of speakers are quite resistant to moisture and corrosion. Oh did I mention got everything for less than $150.00!!!
    ANYHOW the real question is that the instructions for mounting the head unit is to get the unit as close to level as possible and no more than 30 deg. of upward angle.

This is the problem I’m putting everything in an overhead console to help with the whole snorkel and water not liking electronics thing. So the big Q? Is if it’s in the overhead will mounting with a 10 deg. downward angle screw up things. I’m not electronics illiterate but not sure about this one!

Anyone had problems with an overhead downward angled CD head unit???

Oh BTW… this will accompany the removable 1200w 12” triangular bazzoka sub in a custom plexy box and two 6” 100w base tubes (phase 1)!!!

More for the fact that I wanna pull up next to a ricer blow his doors off with the stereo and then kick the v8 into gear and not only smoke them off the line but drive over them also!!!!

Phase 1 is fully removeable so not to destroy it nor hamper the offroad ability of the 40. Guess im a sucker for whanting everything in a 40!!!!

Peace

2. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

why did you go the 6x9's if you have good bass already?

3. okie

okie

hey that sounds awsome. Thats kinda what im wanting to do. You got a great deal. As for the head unit, contact the manufacturer or read the instructions should tell you how to mount it. Any way Im thinking about component speakers. Just two and fit them into a Heep over head speaker pods . Im running all Alpine Baby!! Going to hit hard! Good Luck there :)

4. RUfj40crazy

RUfj40crazy

Went with 6x9's for the rear b/c theyre not going to be removeable, mounted in the rear corners of the hard top. The other components are going to sit on the floor in the rear and are to be detachable for wheeling!

5. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

yeah, but i more wanted to know why you chose 6x9's if you stil lgot bass setup... you could run some simple quality round speakers for better sound (many audio experts dont like 6x9's)

but it's your setup, and i'm always interested in othre people's opinions.
    i got 6x9's in mine, but only because the P.O. installed em, and i haven't got the $$$ to modify

6. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I would guess he wants a little bass when he removes that tube for wheeling!

My locked mall cruisin Revod 80 booms thanks to Alpine amp and 12"

7. RUfj40crazy

RUfj40crazy

Sorry...
    The 6x9's were a steal and couldnt pass em up. I did also snag the only matching sets of speakers with the poly cones.
    But to answer your question, it is more or less just to have something left in the cruiser when the tubes are removed for wheeling.

peace