Cruisers spotted in the Upstate..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JToobe

SILVER Star
Threads
Don't see a thread to post pictures of Land Cruisers or other interesting vehicles we see.
Saw this 60 driving home this evening on Hudson Road turning onto Mitchell Road....UC sticker on the back. Exchanged friendly waves.....
Silver 60 1 (2).JPG
Silver 60 2.JPG

That's me! Been a member for a while, but on the reserve list with 4 kids and a job an hour away. But hoping to make the next monthly meeting.
Nice looking 62 you had there.

That's me! Been a member for a while, but on the reserve list with 4 kids and a job an hour away. But hoping to make the next monthly meeting.
Nice looking 62 you had there.
Awesome! Thanks....My first LC was a Silver 85 60 back in 1999! Will look to see you on the 22nd! I'm guessing you were heading to a practice for one of the kids? I almost followed you but we had to get home....live off Shady lane very close to where you turned.

Spotted another 60 today heading back to office after lunch......at intersection of Howell/Haywood & East North St. Towing a trailer with landscaping equipment.
Silver 60 2 9.16 (2).JPG
Silver 60 9.14 (2).JPG

^^ Is that an aftermarket Tub?^^ No seams and the area behind the door and the door opening shape looks much different. Anyone?

That was my first thought. Then I saw the dash so I'm not really sure. Might just have had a lot of body work done.

That's a really narrow door opening, too narrow in my opinion since it gets in the way of entry to the driver seat. It doesn't look like Pacol or Aqualu.

Edit: Actually now that I look at it, it resembles an FJ25 with that cutout. You didn't happen to see the front bib, did you?

Last edited:
Wife spotted this last week but didn't tell me about it until yesterday (shame on her!). It has been parked at corner of Wardlaw & Rhett Streets downtown and she said last week it didn't have the "For Sale" art on the windows. My office is just a few blocks so i walked down this afternoon and snapped these picks. It has 295k miles, brown interior in average condition. Appears to have a recent paint job that is well done and apparently has gotten some new glass as the receipt is on the front seat.
62 4 sale 2.JPG
62 4 sale1.JPG

If he gets that, I may have no choice but to sell my 60...

The guy is really asking $17k for that 62? :lol:

That is the problem with pricing, more often than not we only see asking prices. I am always on the hunt for 80s with blown drive lines and softly looking for a decent 62 body. Prices are sky high but a lot of trucks sit for a while, go away and then return a couple months later. I know a few people that have paid that kind of price though.

A friend and co-worker in his son's Cherokee, stopped and helped this 60 yesterday afternoon on 385 and of course had to send me a pic of a Jeep helping a Cruiser...blew his upper radiator hose. Name is Hunter and is attending Clemson....not sure where from. I hope to hear from him.
MUD Posts.JPG

Very cool it's actually a 1962 FJ40 FST,
The first 2.5 years of the FST FJ40 carried over the "S" shaped door opening of the FJ25. The easy identifiers that is a 40 are the square rear wheel wells, cut out under the gauge cluster for a column shift (FJ25s were all 4spds on the floor) and their is no air intake opening one the drivers fender apron.

Very rare bird indeed, cool find!
JP
Spotted near Piedmont. Must be passing through had AL plates.

View attachment 1322435

Last edited:
This rebellious girl is at Trollhole's after acting up this weekend.....got a nice roof rack from @S.CarolinaFZJ80 in Waxhaw, NC and then decided she didn't want to go anywhere Saturday night. Went up with @aquatech3 to trailer her home and she started right up......
Chad 62 with rack.JPG

Took the 80 out about 10:30 am to see how the roads were around us and passed this on East North St. near Pelham intersection and did a quick U turn and caught up with him as he turned into Kingsgate neighborhood. Followed him home and turns out the driver had just picked it up from a friend who has owned it for 4 years and was heading out to the Clemson game. Gave him my business card to pass along to owner, guy named Elliott. 1986 with about 156k miles if I remember correctly. Really nice and hope to hear from him and get him involved in UC!
60 in snow front.JPG
60 in snow rear.JPG
60 in snow right side.JPG
60 in snow.JPG

In fact just saw it on Pelham this evening in front of the station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom