Cruisers and Coffee? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t know anything about this particular 60, but I will give you my (mostly my husband Mikes) observations from the photos of it. He has it priced pretty high at $12.6k, especially since it’s missing a few things like the front bumper (just has that aftermarket brush guard and looks to be missing the frame horns), missing original rear cargo panels, missing OEM wheels replaced with the after market wheels, and looks to have a plastic dash cap that could be hiding a cracked dash underneath. Plus it’s an ‘84, so if you ever wanted to upgrade to a H55f 5 speed it is much more difficult I think.

Seller said was repainted 5 years ago, and looks like a cheap job since you can see they just painted over the front door jam hardware. Also can’t tell what the paint job is hiding underneath. You can see rust stains on the underside of the roof rails, which means it’s way worse inside there to be bleeding through.

Has almost 280,000 miles, which isn’t a big deal, but seller says engine was overhauled 10k miles ago, you should find out what he means by that and who did the work. Lastly, seller mentioned tear in headliner. Just know if you ever want to replace the headliner, that it is a huge job. We did it on our 60, it’s very time consuming, tedious, and difficult to get all the wrinkles out. In addition, all the windows need to come out to do it properly. It looks like a decent 60, but only if it was more in that $6500-8500 price range in our opinion. Anyways, just our 2 cents, but keep those things in mind if you go take a look at it.
Jen

Well said Jen!

I completely agree with all of that. I had a 1986 FJ60 that had been recently painted, but was completely rusted out on the rear quarter panels underneath that beautiful paint! The market is a little thin out here, but consider the cost of transporting a vehicle between islands if you can find one that's $3k-$5k cheaper. I'd even look as far as San Diego or Long Beach where you can find much better deals, little rust, and transportation around a thousand bucks. If you're not looking for major projects right off the bat, doing your research is gonna be key! Let us know if you have any other questions, we're all here to help!

-Brandon

Alohaaaa!

Anyone interested in trying to get some cruisers together again?

Brandon
Hey Brandon,
We may kinda have met around the Mililani Schofield Wahiawa areas. I have a dark green 80 with an ARB bumper that has just gotten a lift and a fresh set of KM3s. Anyway we’ll stay in touch and after this bs is over we can get a ride together with the rest of the group. Aloha!

Well said Jen!

I completely agree with all of that. I had a 1986 FJ60 that had been recently painted, but was completely rusted out on the rear quarter panels underneath that beautiful paint! The market is a little thin out here, but consider the cost of transporting a vehicle between islands if you can find one that's $3k-$5k cheaper. I'd even look as far as San Diego or Long Beach where you can find much better deals, little rust, and transportation around a thousand bucks. If you're not looking for major projects right off the bat, doing your research is gonna be key! Let us know if you have any other questions, we're all here to help!

-Brandon
Not the same thing but my son picked up an ‘04 100 LC in Seattle shipped her back to HI and vacationed in the Seattle area for less than what they were asking for the LC here Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom