Builds Cruisermatt's FJ62 Build-up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Updated as of December 2023.
Current Build

2005 L33 5.3-liter V8 Engine
78/75 .96AR Turbo
Dodge NV4500
Dodge NP203 Doubler/splitcase
2018 4Runner front brakes
FZJ80 rear axle
F/R lockers
SOA with 62 rears up front, custom reverse eye configuration, shackle reversal, and Chevy rear springs, all custom shock mounts, air bags, etc
37” tires
Custom armor all around
Subaru Seats
Lots of other mods and horrible paint, dents and rust and mismatched panels o_O
It likes to crawl over big rocks.

8986A3C6-7BC4-42A2-9EFF-197E76F1BD34.jpeg

Here are some old pictures of my truck from the 90's and up when it was my parents',

Picture1.jpg

scan0012.jpg

oops!.jpg

roadworker.jpg

Last edited:
August 2004 Hurricane Charlie damage

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

Last edited:
Resize%20of%20IMG_0354.JPG

CIMG1183.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Last edited:
Nice thread. Fun to see those pics and read the story

summer of 2012, I'm totally obsessed with Land Cruisers, before I even have my full drivers license. The cosmetic condition was seriously deteriorating from sitting in full Florida sun for the past 4 years, so my dad and I painted it, trying to stay as true as possible to the original red, we finished in late July 2012, it took us three months (please excuse cell phone pictures):
landcruiser (74).jpg

landcruiser (80).jpg
some rust

landcruiser (117).jpg
repaired

landcruiser (91).jpg
dent from the tree

landcruiser (31).jpg
primer

Last edited:
gawd your young......:)

love that passion!

If there aren't memories involved with Land Cruisers, they're pretty much just another truck. Your story is an example of why.

I love the white on the grille! and yet another young cruiser head! keep up the addiction! I started much like you and now im addicted!

CONGRATS

cruisermatt- excellent write up i'm really glued to your thread. i have heard and read lot of passionate ownership stories towards Land cruiser and Land rovers this is one such thread really loved the way you narrated on it, this cruiser is almost a member in your family man. i have rated your thread as excellent hope everyone does the same, keep up your photos and writing to flow on....:bounce::bounce2::clap::clap:

Can I live in your garage?

Also paint my 60 for me :) (I'll give you a cookie.)

Awesome story. I think about all trips in my cruiser every time I drive it. My Dad did some repairs himself. Knew of SOR in the late 90's. Had a mechanic for a number of years. Patched the rusted battery tray with an A&W can. (It's still there)

Next "chapter" coming up soon

July 2012, paint job finished, and even though it isn't the best paint ever (the new paint was a shade darker then the original, so door jambs and stuff weren't good, orange peel all over the place, especially roof). Besides body paint, jobs done: Grille blackout (I do really miss the old chrome and even the white, maybe one day), new aftermarket CCOT black bumpers (I do not recommend, they do look nice and are less money, but considerably thinner than OEM if you want actual protection), new OEM turn front turn signal, new OEM gutter trim (probably the last in the world, heh), painted the roof rack and sliders and some small trim, Hella rear work lights, and a Sony touchscreen radio, and a new carpet.
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010 - Copy.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

I'll upload some interior photos tomorrow

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I might put it back to white

Last edited:
Nice cruiser and great story. Thanks for sharing. How many miles?

So right now I'd guess around 250k, it runs great. Funny story about the miles. The dealer my parents bought the truck from got slammed with mileage fraud felonies, the feds used my truck to nail them. Anyways, odometer is way off.

Last edited:
So here's my current interior. I wonder if the radio might be a little too high tech.

image-3032513706.jpg

image-2424582056.jpg

image-198776859.jpg

image-3032513706.jpg

image-2424582056.jpg

image-198776859.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom