CruiserCult 60 Series Products and Literature (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Cult

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruisercult.com
Hey everyone! An introduction for our small enterprise. We have mainly been on Instagram, and a little here in the classifieds on mud, but are all LOOOOONG time Mud members. We are a group of like minded cruiser-heads who wanted to come together and not only share our love for these amazing vehicles but develop some cool products for them as well. Check out our IG account @the_cruiser_cult and www.cruisercult.com for more info on us and what we have been up to! Lots of great content from historical facts, literature, interviews with experts in the cruiser world and our own generated content.

In addition to that we have been ramping up development of products and wanted to have a dedicated thread to share these projects. A lot of thought goes into everything we make so why not share that with you all.

Last edited:
One of our new projects was to reproduce the tail light foam gaskets for the 60 series! They have not been available from Toyota for a long time and by this point the ones on our rigs are well past replacement time. We noticed that the rubber for the tail lights is being reproduced but no one remade the foam so we decided to get it done. We sourced a NOS set of taillights and made an exact replica of the foam gaskets on them. It’s a thin and dense foam with an adhesive backing. Thankfully we were able to work with an old and experienced gasket maker here in Seattle to reproduce them. I love it when we can give support to local businesses.

They are all done now and work like a dream. The foam gaskets are actually the gasket that really keeps the water out of our quarter panels so they are definitely a critical piece.

New Contura switch panel and BMW seat heater switch adapters up on our website for the FJ62/HJ61! :) Custom Printed Parts - https://cruiser-cult.myshopify.com/collections/custom-printed-parts

2DE1D09B-A3CF-4C1F-8C6F-AF009CE17350.png

65C558AF-866D-4A82-A44E-98ED2C4D43B7.png

D09E57E0-D320-4DDF-ACA4-FBAA70BF77BB.png

1BFE444E-D4C8-451F-989F-E0B62ABF50D9.png

Good folks and a great resource here!

In addition to their own parts, the also have a Parts Directory with other niche makers/vendors ... shoot, my little web shop might even be on there! 🤣

In all seriousness, Dave, Chase, and the gang have been super supportive of folks in "the scene". Check out the literature section for tons of FSMs and esoteric old promo booklets.

One of our new projects was to reproduce the tail light foam gaskets for the 60 series! They have not been available from Toyota for a long time and by this point the ones on our rigs are well past replacement time. We noticed that the rubber for the tail lights is being reproduced but no one remade the foam so we decided to get it done. We sourced a NOS set of taillights and made an exact replica of the foam gaskets on them. It’s a thin and dense foam with an adhesive backing. Thankfully we were able to work with an old and experienced gasket maker here in Seattle to reproduce them. I love it when we can give support to local businesses.

They are all done now and work like a dream. The foam gaskets are actually the gasket that really keeps the water out of our quarter panels so they are definitely a critical piece.

jus grabbed a set...#Thanks

if you guys can make an awesome center console with ability to put in switches like seat heater switches..id buy 1

Good folks and a great resource here!

In addition to their own parts, the also have a Parts Directory with other niche makers/vendors ... shoot, my little web shop might even be on there! 🤣

In all seriousness, Dave, Chase, and the gang have been super supportive of folks in "the scene". Check out the literature section for tons of FSMs and esoteric old promo booklets.
Thank you! :cheers:
Yeah we have started a page to start cataloging all the parts reproducers... people making parts to help fill the growing NLA void. It's a bit of a work in progress and we have a new design for it coming soon. We thought it this would be a good resource for people looking for reproduction parts.

Well, I’ll take a chance. I just ordered the foam gaskets for tail lights. Mine are to be replaced
soon. Ordered the ashtray switch plate. Mine is a FJ60 but an ashtray is an ashtray I’m hoping.

Well, I’ll take a chance. I just ordered the foam gaskets for tail lights. Mine are to be replaced
soon. Ordered the ashtray switch plate. Mine is a FJ60 but an ashtray is an ashtray I’m hoping.
@cruiserpilot , let us know how everything works/fits. i didn't know that foam gasket was the main defense against water. no sense in doing rust repair in the rear quarters if water's still getting in.

@cruiserpilot , let us know how everything works/fits. i didn't know that foam gasket was the main defense against water. no sense in doing rust repair in the rear quarters if water's still getting in.
Well first off, Chance has been really good to deal with. The ashtray switch for the 62 is definitely for a 62.
So he told me he wouldn’t send it to me, and would modify my order. This kind of customer service is why it’s
called ‘Customer Service’! So he is shipping USPS which I have reservations about now only because they
seem to have a mandate against cooperative international shipping to Canada which I’ve experienced a few times and am having trouble with. But will see.
The foam inserts in my rear lenses are not good, and I’m doing rust repair back there right now. But my rust
is from exhaust not water coming in around the tail lights but it will be good security.

New Product: 3F / 3FE NOS oil caps. Pure 80s gold. New old stock Toyota oil filler caps for the Land Cruiser 3F and 3FE engines. In the works… we have stock 60 light brackets to compliment an non-drilled bumper. These use the same OEM carriage bolt to keep your bumper looking fresh and clean.

65BAB7CA-2D86-40ED-87D9-71DCA288B87B.jpeg

D14B295B-82FF-4965-9070-D916D0485CED.jpeg

220042E1-08D3-4931-83FF-E9C3F561D020.jpeg

5A45B856-942E-4550-A997-AC5684A88558.jpeg

11FFA26E-539E-4A00-8445-CAED0435ED0A.jpeg

After working on the rear taillight gaskets we turned our attention to some of the other externally mounted gaskets.

These are a nice new alternative to the aging and most likely shrunken or missing gaskets on the front fender vents for the 6x series Land Cruisers.

Made in Seattle of high quality neoprene. They were modeled off an original gasket and carefully modeled on the vent to ensure a nice fit. These do not have the beveled lip of the originals. Check yours and pick up a pair.

Just posted a cool 1987 German brochure on our website: 1980S
Anyone ever seen these front fender-front mud guards before...like on this HJ60?
fold 5-MUD.jpeg

Interesting side marker too!? Or just the angle of the photo? Euromarket only?

Looks different than the JPN one I’ve seen from Vintageteqparts…

Interesting side marker too!? Or just the angle of the photo? Euromarket only?

Looks different than the JPN one I’ve seen from Vintageteqparts…
Those are the standard euro side markers. Stick out a bit. I have a pair on my FJ62 :). Maarten at cruiserworld.eu is a good source for them. Nice units. You can retrofit them on our US spec rigs easy.
IMG_3978.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom