cruiser trailer

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cavsfj40, Nov 29, 2003.

1. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

I have been throwing the idea of building a cruiser trailer from half of a cruiser that is a total basketcase. I got the idea when i saw a mini cooper pulling a trailer that was made from a half of a mini. I think it would be sweet, especially if i included fold out sides somehow for camping. Any ideas on what else i should try to incorporate into the design? If i do decide to do it, i will post many pics.

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it's an awesome idea. I've been kicking the thought around for a while now. Got two parts trucks that are all but stripped and could come in handy.

Keep me posted if you do this.

IV

3. mixmaster

mixmaster

It's a cool idea, I am pretty sure it has been done, let me see if I can find a picture. Ok, found one.

4. mixmaster

mixmaster

Your idea sounds a little different than the picture, but it would be sweet either way. I like the idea of folding down sides.

5. desertdude

desertdude SILVER Star

6. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

The pic posted above would be along the lines of what i would be doing but i would use more of the donor cruiser (so i could use the hard top as the cover. Might try to do it like a pop-up style camper trailer, just a little shorter. I want it to be at least 7 ft long so i can lay down it at least. I do like the one posted and i would't even need a donor for that. I could just bend the corners to match mine. Hell, i guess i wouldn't need a donor at all, either way. The idea is that it is to look like the cruiser, though it doesn't have to be a cruiser to do so.

7. hammerhead

hammerhead

You need to check out the thread in the outfitting section about trailers. Half way down the second page there is a pic of what you're looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.