cruiser sightings in Midland, TX

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by BigRed87, Jul 11, 2005.

1. BigRed87

BigRed87

Driving around Midland, TX Sunday house hunting with the parents I spotted a few 60 series and one 40.

There was a nice, pretty much stock, blue 60.
    and a built red 62 just a few blocks over from the mall, I know it is someone on this board, Micah, in the readers rides, but I don't know his handle on the forum.

Also saw a big tan 40 looked to be on 35s with a bikini top.

didn't have the digi cam with me so sorry, no pics.

2. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I grew up in windy west Texas, and only ever remember seeing one 60 (my teacher) and one 40 the whole time. But then again, I wasn't on the lookout then like I am now.

3. BigRed87

BigRed87

I remember how that is, before I started thinking about getting mine from my uncle I couldn't say that I had ever seen another older land cruiser, after I got it I started seeing them all the time.

4. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    i use to live in that hell hole.....
    I remember when there wasnt a loop around midland....and the place to eat was Mr. Gaddies (sp)

5. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I guess you're not too far from me... I'm in Canyon, TX, just about 10 minutes south of Amarillo.

6. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Fixed it for ya.

When did you live there, and why?!!????

(There are some pretty hot cheerleaders in W. Texas though. I volunteer to go with you on scouting trips for your new position.)

7. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    i lived there back in the early 80's - my mother was a petroleum engineer for conoco.

8. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Ahhh the Cruisers of West Texas....there is a blue 40 for sale here in Abliene...FYI...

9. BigRed87

BigRed87

I know exactly where Canyon is, its the only team that beat my little sisters basketball team this past season in the first round of Regionals (she plays for Seminole), and I have been to and know a few people who perform in the Texas Show in Palo Duro Canyon.

10. hank14

hank14

Media:
    I'm always watching West Texas ads for good low mileage cruiser deals. If you see any (60,62, or 93-05 80's), let me know.

Ya'll know anyone who wants a clean K5 Blazer?

11. Fireman

Fireman SILVER Star

One of my buddies on the fire dept here in Wichita Falls is from Canadian and lived in Canyon for several years. His wife worked at WT A&M and he worked for the city of Canyon.

12. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I've only lived here since December (moved from Kansas) but I hear that our high school girls basketball team kicks ass. I've been wanting to go to the Texas Legacies shows, but they're $25 a ticket and I'm broke! I love going down in the Palo Duro Canyon, though. $3 to get in and it's a beautiful drive. I'm SOOOO tempted to take the Cruiser off road there because there are so many places that would be fun to crawl around, but it's not allowed. I'm glad, though, because it would get torn up.

13. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Where in KS? I moved from Wichita (15 years) to Abilene in 1999...

Palo Duro Canyon is very pretty....there is another one up there that I have been to, due West of Wichita Falls, can't remember the name...

14. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

My 1994 is always for sale for the right price! :D Seriously...

15. BigRed87

BigRed87

yeah 72 they do kick ass, state champs the last 3 years running, number one girls team in the Nation, state champs I think 12 out of the last 18 years, since Coach Lombard came in. The Texas Legacies show is good, I have seen it twice since I moved back to Texas, the last time I saw it I knew two of the girls in the show, (it was weird though, because they played a mother and daughter in the show, and are now good friends, but they had never met before the show, and I have known one my whole life and the other for about 5 years now) oh yeah, one of these girls was Ms. West Texas too.

TX_TLC
    last time I was in Abilene, touring McMurry campus, I saw a really nice tan, built FJ40 on the campus, have you ever seen that one, its a really nice rig.

16. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

I was from Coffeyville, KS, in the SE corner. About an hour from the Missourri border, and 2 miles from the Oklahoma border. I didn't go to Wichita very often.

17. hank14

hank14

Media:
    I'll let you know. I prefer to buy grocery getters, which is why they are hard to find.

I'm getting ready to interview for jobs in Abilene, Lubbock, and may do some work in Midland in the near future.

18. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Big Red- There are several NICE 40's in town...the nicest...belongs to a member (SodaJerk) more like his sons....search..there are some killer pics...

72FJ40LandCruiser- I know where Coffeyville is...I went to Pittburg State for a year of college...

Hank - umm mine is a grocery getter...well it is at least still stock. :D But still very capable...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.