Cruiser Shops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to get quotes for a lift installed on my newest 80 but seems hard to find toyota-centric shops in the valley? Would be a great place to get a list going of recommended, reputable shops dont you think?

If you have jack stands, basic tools, and the physical capability I would save the money and do it yourself. Lifting an 80 series is about as easy as it gets. It's basically just strategic lifting of the axles and 8 shock bolts. The springs are captive by vehicle weight and don't require any hardware. Me and my buddy did my whole 80 with 2.5" extended Fox Shocks & OME springs in < 2 hours. Otherwise you're looking at $200-$400 in shop fees.

Otherwise, Gary at ToyoTekAZ is my go to recommendation for everything.

I've been trying to get quotes for a lift installed on my newest 80 but seems hard to find toyota-centric shops in the valley? Would be a great place to get a list going of recommended, reputable shops dont you think?

This is from the Sticky thread - Important Club Threads - Check Here First!

Toyota Friendly Service Locations
Phoenix

If you are like me and know that you lack the skills and tools and are better off paying a real mechanic in a real shop to do it perfectly the first time (or stand behind their work and warranty it every time...), I use Desert Toy Shop in Mesa.
They do everything for me from big jobs like the full build and engine/transmission swap on my FJ62, to small jobs like ARB/OME lift and full suspension kit on my Tacoma, and I keep going back for more....

There are plenty of folks on the forum that'd be willing to help install... my side yard has been the surgery site for many a cruiser.

I think if you want to learn, it's a great opportunity for it... nice and simple, with some visual reward when complete.

Joe @ GMG Fabrications
Matt @ Desert Toy Shop
Scotty @ Avid
Dave @ State 48 Overland

I would recommend any of them.

I'm speechless.
Do tell... what kind of adjustable alignment can you get done on a solid front & rear axle on an 80 series? You can adjust your castor through new plates or bushings... but what else? There is nothing to adjust without replacing parts and making modifications, unless I'm mistaken.

Do tell... what kind of adjustable alignment can you get done on a solid front & rear axle on an 80 series? You can adjust your castor through new plates or bushings... but what else? There is nothing to adjust without replacing parts and making modifications, unless I'm mistaken.
Set the toe that’s it.

You are making modifications to the suspension. When was the last alignment on that truck?

You are making modifications to the suspension. When was the last alignment on that truck?

The 80 really has only two steering components which can be aligned once caster is set (whether that be via plates, bushings, washer mod, etc); toe and the steering wheel center.

We’ve lifted several 80s with various setups. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’d like to swing by our shop and chat.

What is the reason for this?
Changing caster changes toe-in slightly. More degrees of caster change = more toe-in change.
I added 4 degrees of caster to my fj40 recently and it changed my correct toe-in to out of spec. I’ll have to check my paperwork when I get home to see how much, but it was several turns on my drag link at the Firestone shop on Thursday.

Changing caster changes toe-in slightly. More degrees of caster change = more toe-in change.
I added 4 degrees of caster to my fj40 recently and it changed my correct toe-in to out of spec. I’ll have to check my paperwork when I get home to see how much, but it was several turns on my drag link at the Firestone shop on Thursday.

Thanks @Stepmurr for sharing the info and not remain speechless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom