Cruiser Shipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any advice to follow when buying a car from a seller and having them ship it to you?

Pay before shipping? Use escrow? Any recommend escrow companies?

Seller is suggesting me to pay him directly before shipping and I must admit I am slightly cautious of doing so.

I shipped a cruiser sight unseen from Chicago to Florida. I gave him$500 deposit. When I confirmed with the shipper it was on the truck and got photos I sent half and when I got the cruiser and had a tracking number for the title I sent the other half.

It’s honestly whatever you and the owner feel is comfortable with

I was faced with out of state buyers wanting my cruiser but luckily a local guy bought it.

If at all possible- fly or drive out there to do the transaction.
if that's impossible, pull whatever strings are necessary to have someone you trust do the transaction in your absence. I had a local guy check out my cruiser for his friend on the east coast.
If that's impossible, from what I've heard, automobile escrow services blow and are to be avoided. Real estate escrow services won't touch it (too small fry).

The last and worst choice is talk to the seller extensively on the phone to get a feel for what he's like - and if he seems cool, trust him to ship you the vehicle when he gets paid.
But in the end it has to come down to trust. If nobody trusted anyone and everyone was a crook, we'd all be living behind sentry walls with rifles in hand ready to shoot the next passerby.
If you look around you, your home, your town, your city, your state and your country.... It was all built on trust; People trusting each other to carry out their end of the agreement.
Yes there are crooks amongst us, but most of us aren't— it's always a gamble.

Last edited:
I payed for the last cruiser from a mud member and after many phone conversations bought it sight unseen, only photos, and then had it shipped. It worked out great and the buyer was extremely honest and accomodating. You have to gauge the level of risk you are willing to take and then listen to the internal voice.

If you do have it shipped, this guy is a Cruiser-head and he was recommended to me by a Cruiser Vendor. I had a car shipped to So Cal and it went flawlessly.

Aaron Frost

Summit Auto Transport

aaron@summitautotransport.com

303-524-9122

^^^

Second that...Aaron shipped a 62 for me from Austin to Chicago and it couldn't have been an easier process. Arrived on time and without any issues. Best price to boot.

Horror story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom