Cruiser rebuild shop to do engine and tranny swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a cruiser focused shop to remove the 3FE engine and A440F trans from my FJ62 and replace with the 1FZ Fe engine and a compatible 5 sp automatic. I am in CO but will travel if I need to. Any of you know a good shop?

classiccruisers.com
Brandon has one of the largest land cruiser grave yards in the country. Good guy. They’re up near Salida but I think they moved down the road a ways. They specialize in engine swaps and have a lot of experience and parts.

Missed the 5speed auto saw 5 speed mind went to manual transmission not automatic transmission

Missed the 5speed auto saw 5 speed mind went to manual transmission not automatic transmission
I’ve been driving a ‘99 4Runner with a 5 spd manual as a backup to the cruiser. In rough country I prefer the automatic cuz it lets me concentrate on the crawling and not on the clutch. Personal preference.

I’ve had a 1990 FJ 62 since 1995 and there isn't anything else I want to drive. This one has 184k on it but the engine is a tired, old swapper from before I got it and the trans is pretty much worn out. I have a number of other talents but I’m not a wrench and I’m tired of limping along. So thanks everyone for offering your suggestions.

I’ve been driving a ‘99 4Runner with a 5 spd manual as a backup to the cruiser. In rough country I prefer the automatic cuz it lets me concentrate on the crawling and not on the clutch. Personal preference.

I’ve had a 1990 FJ 62 since 1995 and there isn't anything else I want to drive. This one has 184k on it but the engine is a tired, old swapper from before I got it and the trans is pretty much worn out. I have a number of other talents but I’m not a wrench and I’m tired of limping along. So thanks everyone for offering your suggestions.
The engine in the 62 was swapped in the first five years???? Wow, what happened? My 60 has 281,200 on it and still runs pretty great. Albeit, noisy and a bit tired. I have thought about the 1Fz swap.... I’m interested to hear how things go for you from here. Fill us in when you make some choices!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom