Cruiser Progression (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

serenity

Threads
well after being away for over 4 months working on charter yachts i finally have the time to finish getting my cruiser on the road. the rig is about half an hours work away from ready. the only problem is my fuel pump died:doh: but thats an easy fix a friend of mine works in a parts store.

Heres a list of Mods so far

alloy bullbar
headers
2.5 exhaust
LPG system with 2 tanks
Long range petrol tank
Yokohama diggers 31x10.5" on 15x8" rims
mots toyota fog lights
unknown lift of unknown hight
blacked out & de-blinged
wooden flooring to increase storage
jvc stereo
factory flares
30 year old engel fridge

heres the progression from filthy rust bucket to a damn sweet rig.

although you cant really see in the photo there was very severe rust through the a pillar roofline, passenger door under the flares and rear quarters and rockers.
01myfj609June2006resize.jpg

this shot was taken while i was doing all the major tune up and mechanical stuff. did plugs air filter timing etc. also recertified LPG tanks replaced rear brake master cylinders greased up everything, cleaned up more rust and sorted my electrical problems.
i hate that bullbar. i love mots fog lights.
photo0082.jpg

this is how my rig sits now. cleaned up with new wheels and tyres and everything cleaned up ready to get a roadworthy certificate. just waiting on that fuel pump.
photo045-1.jpg

photo047-1.jpg

heres the cool wood floor
photo045.jpg

well this is my rig, hopefully ill be back soon with pics of the trails and a dirty cruiser
hopefully one day it'll get outa the garage.

Last edited:
Looking good! I don't mind that bullbar one bit!

if i took a close up photo you would see where the PO hit the bottom tube into a rock or something, its bent slightly and dented, then again that rock coulda taken out the steering instead of the bullbar. i still want an MAF 4+ bar.

more pics of lpg tanks and fuel tank:
photo048.jpg

photo047.jpg

the lpg tanks hardly hang down at all so clearence is still good

Last edited:
actually im starting to like my big alloy bullbar.:doh: oh well i dont really wanna cough up for a new one.

Last edited:
i just dont want to imagine the freight costs for gettin it to OZ. thats gonna suck, but lookin at the price of arb over here its probably not gonna be any more expensive

I figured and ARB down under would be resonable....I have an ARB bumper
on my 2000 Tacoma and really am happy with. VERY well built stuff!

I figured and ARB down under would be resonable....I have an ARB bumper
on my 2000 Tacoma and really am happy with. VERY well built stuff!

cant afford the $1000 for a new arb so im sticking with the old one.

well i rolled my rig out of the garage today, i almost took out the fence when i missed the brake and hit the accelerator:whoops: . fitted the fuel pump(realized after half an hour that i had fitted the hoses wrong :whoops: again(been having a great day, mucked around with some wiring and turned the key, damn thing started up first go.:D

will be going for a roadworthy certificate on monday. then im headin for the trails.

its taken so much to get this rig going but its finally paying off. soon it will be :beer: :beer: o'clock

Is that fuel tank commercially available? Or is it a custom/homemade job?

I think the bull bar is pretty damn cool, I would paint it black though. :cheers:

the PO put the fuel tank in but by the looks of it it was put in at the same time as the LPG conversion so its a profesional job but looks like it was customized for this vehicle.

yep im likin the bullbar these days its getting a wash and going over with the black rattle cans on monday, only problem with it is that the front of the rig sits lower than the back:frown: .

yep im likin the bullbar these days its getting a wash and going over with the black rattle cans on monday, only problem with it is that the front of the rig sits lower than the back:frown: .

Excellent! Post a pic of it after it is blacked out, that will look good.
And your truck is empty right now, get some stuff in there and it will settle down, I prefer the rear higher, better than dragging on the ground.

got more work done lately mostly posted up in the paint and body section, still dont have the time to get my rig in for a roadworthy plus i need to get some metal to make removable mudflap brackets.
I'm still going ahead with my plans to build a front bumper, again when i have time and money.

did some bodywork instead. pulled the flares (no I've decided not to sell them), drilled the rivets out and started filling in the holes,
got a marine grade putty which is great stuff, it dries ready for sanding and painting in 20 min. its much cleaner now, except for the paint patches.

heres some pics really pisses me off that i cant drive it yet, will be a big day when i slap the licence plates on it and take out out to the nearest bit of bush for some fun:D
photo092.jpg

photo095.jpg

oh and heres the bullbar painted black
photo080.jpg

actually im starting to like my big alloy bullbar.:doh: oh well i dont really wanna cough up for a new one.

I had one like that on my 73 series. The PO hit a tree stump and took out the bottom rail altogether but it saved the oil pan.
Later on a I had a new piece welded in and it stopped a kid on a trail bike going under the wheels.
I think it looks cool,half the 60 series in oz have one like that.

its a good design, good and tough. but its the type that city slicker greenies dont like; angled to force things under the car. also makes my 60 look a bit goofy so im still gonna weld up a new bumper

Last edited:
Update:

finally got this thing on the road, but it runs rough and guzzles fuel badly so i'm gonna invest in rebuilding everything under the hood.
also got an awesome new workshop when i moved house so im loving the addiction.

heres the backyard poser shot:
photo 082resize.JPG

i like the toyota fogs, were can i find them

i like the toyota fogs, were can i find them

they are sold on this site by a guy who goes by the user name MOT

they are very cool, hes reliable; managed to get them to me in a small town in Oz land without a scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom