Cruiser Outfitters Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters has offered us a group buy, it was started for axle seal kits and now he has opened it up to anything he sells. For pricing he said 10% or better depending on how much we order and the type of product, he will do what he can to get us the best deal. This will be shipped to my shop in Mesa and distributed from there. Post up, PM or email me your "needs".

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/index.html

From the other thread we have;

Axle seal kits, FJ40 Cdaniel, Woodsfj40, Mattcrandle, Bluecruiser, xrock, FJ80, Tools R Us

Looks like 3 possible sets of gears, maybe a snorkel and bull bar from PMs.

Last edited:
I would be interested if it could include a 80 series OME med. lift w/ 2 x N73 and 2 x N74E shocks (Part# OME80LM ).

Ross

I just did my front-- can I instead get a kit for a full floating 80 rear-- with wheel bearings? I would also be interested in an OME lift kit-- but heavy-- if the price was right

Jared

Ross, get the heavy. Thats what 's on mine.

MaddBaggins said:
Ross, get the heavy. Thats what 's on mine.

Then we would be twins:flipoff2:

I was just thinking that it will be a long time before I get a bumper (front or rear) and I could just swap out the springs for heavies or more later. I am just being a wuss about putting on the heavies with out any weight.

Ross

ps I'm ordering a cb

GeoRoss said:

I was just thinking that it will be a long time before I get a bumper (front or rear) and I could just swap out the springs for heavies or more later. I am just being a wuss about putting on the heavies with out any weight.

Ross

ps I'm ordering a cb

We can't be twins, your truck is much prettier than mine :princess:
Don't buy the springs twice, mine rides just fine with the heavies and as I make the mods it can handle it. Unless you really want to flush money away :flipoff2:

GeoRoss said:

Ross

ps I'm ordering a cb

I agree on the heavy setup, the medium is about the same spring rate just an inch shorter, probably wont notice any difference in the ride.

Beowulf's chart;

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=469977&postcount=3

Thanks for the input Alvin and Kevin. I'll take a look at the chart. Should I contact Kurt to see if a OME lift is ok for the group buy? Do we each pay Kurt separately or such?

Ross

For those debating heavy, you should totally go heavy. I run 850/864 with a really light truck and can't imagine anything lighter. You won't be dissapointed with the heavies.

Are we just jaw jacking in here or going to put something together? I would be interested in a 4spd trans, ARB and a rebuild kit myself if they're giving 10% off... Can supply a business address for shipping too if it'll save money!

It's happening for sure. Don't know the deadline for the final orders but we are haveing it all shipped to the same place to save on shipping (part of the deal).
I my jump on a snorkle, gears, and rebuild axle kits.
If I am going with the new cromo rear axles, and birfs....I should do the rebuild at the same time correct?

clarkrw3 said:
It's happening for sure. Don't know the deadline for the final orders but we are haveing it all shipped to the same place to save on shipping (part of the deal).
I my jump on a snorkle, gears, and rebuild axle kits.
If I am going with the new cromo rear axles, and birfs....I should do the rebuild at the same time correct?

The deadline is whenever we want it, I am in no hurry for my junk. Give it couple of weeks or if someone needs junk sooner we can order whenever?

Regear/new birfs = repack and reseal the axles time.

Kurt is at the Supercrawl in Vegas and I will be there for SEMA on Tuesday, so we wont hear back on the quotes till Wednesday.

Gracias Kevin, I go your PM and that is cool. Thanks for the leg work. I am not in a super hurry as I didn't think that I would be doing this until Dec/Jan anyway.

Ross

Thread HiJack!
I am trying to avoid some of the heavy traffic and too many conflicting voices (some informed and some not) from the 80 tech section.

I am going to go in on this group discount to purchase an OME lift for my 80. I have been grappling with going med or heavy, blah, blah, blah. I finally decided to go with the heavy, but after reading this thread (and others like it) I am feeling a bit gun shy of the the heavy as I will not be adding bumper, aux tank etc for some time. I understand that it is a geometry issue and that adding the appropriate weight often makes the issue go away. However, many/some people don't have problems. Very confusing, but it seems that if you have problems, the only solutions are to either add weight, change drive line geometries, get med duty springs.

I was thinking of just going with the heavy springs, and if there are problems, just swap in the mediums ($300 extra bucks :eek) and go with them until I add bumpers/sliders/aux tank at which point I swap back the heavies and sell the mediums.

Does this seem like a reasonable course?

Ross

Most in the 80s section (those from CSC exluded) are a bunch of :princess:'s, I'm very confident that you will very much enjoy the heavy/heavy OMEs. I like OME heavy so much that even when the 80 was our DD, I swapped out the 863s for 864s (very heavy). The only real weight my truck is the front ARB, no winch.

A lot of people on the 80s board are also Easterners. Yeah, you're truck will drive differently, and the driveline may make a hum here or there, but nothing in my almost 10 years of OME heavies that has ever caused any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom