CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

I have scrolled relentlessly through this forum and I can't seem to find a good mechanic near me. Does anyone know a good cruiser mechanic near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina?

Hi all,

I have scrolled relentlessly through this forum and I can't seem to find a good mechanic near me. Does anyone know a good cruiser mechanic near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina?
I created this FJ60 Mechanics Gsheet because I didn't think the forum was a very good way to list mechanics. I use to have a map version but google shut down fussion and I haven't found a replacement. See if any of these are close to you. I use google maps to try and find a mechanic with high ratings and then google them to find corroboration. Hasn't always worked but I'd say 80% were good mechanics and 100% were honest and hardworking.

Tim’s Toy Shop in Longmont Co: Tim has retired and sadly, I cannot recommend the new owners, B&G Automotive. The next best Toyota mechanics near Longmont are at Stapp Interstate Toyota.
Should I remove them from the gsheet? I put a not that they have bad feedback.

idk. B&G are Toyota certified My complaints were prices higher than dealer and each problem solved ended up with a coincidentally related problem. BG Longmont website gives themselves a 5star rating, Yelp a 4 and bbb says 2 unresolved complaints over service for company at large. Stapp Toyota does good work at dealer prices. hth. Red88

You need to remove this from the list:

Dixie Auto Service Inc
6360 South Dixie Highway,
South Miami,
FL 33143-4952
(305) 667-5096‎
Andre or Bob

took my 80 there, nice enough guys, ZERO Cruiser experience.
Had my brakes done, they bled them three times, I even sent them the procedure, they still couldn’t get it right.

Anything yet in Missouri? Specifically St.Louis. Thanks!
I take it all updates are updated in the first page?

One to add.

We are a full frame off restoration, service and off road shop located in Sandpoint Idaho.

The Land Cruiser Shop
89 McGhee Road
Sandpoint, ID 83864
208-610-4086
www.thelandcruisershop.com
@thelandcruisershop on instagram and facebook

How do you un-recommend a shop? RSO in Julian Ca. is a no go.
Are you referring to Rock Solid Off Road. I stopped doing the rating there wasn't enough data and it is hard to maintain. I see this as more of a place to list places that specialize or have experience working on FJ60s. Google maps and yelp are better places for full blown reviews. I added a disclaimer to the top of the sheet.

FJ60 Mechanics Sheet

Last edited:
Are you referring to Rock Solid Off Road. I stopped doing the rating there wasn't enough data and it is hard to maintain. I see this as more of a place to list places that specialize or have experience working on FJ60s. Google maps and yelp are better places for full blown reviews. I added a disclaimer to the top of the sheet.

FJ60 Mechanics Sheet
Yes it’s Rock Solid Off Road.

Kansas is hurting

slap me on there, my garages are open to all cruiser heads.

jake Bové
Ottawa Kansas

Car Care Express, my 9-5
785-242-1862

The Garage-mahal, my house

Minor to major repairs, lift kits, motor swaps, everything but body work.

Kansas is hurting

slap me on there, my garages are open to all cruiser heads.

jake Bové
Ottawa Kansas

Car Care Express, my 9-5
785-242-1862

The Garage-mahal, my house

Minor to major repairs, lift kits, motor swaps, everything but body work.
Added to FJ60 Mechanics Gsheet. Do you want your shop name listed as Car Care Express?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom