CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called in Golden Co. Nice gentleman that mainly does accessories. Been in busines long time.
The 303 278 2278 is insruance company.
888 494 7533 works
Looking for machine shop for work on head from blownhead gasket.

I will throw my name into the hat.

Rob Matzell
Willow Lawn Service Center
5312 W Broad St
Richmond VA 23230

IMG_2826.jpg

1989 FJ62.jpg

I want to get in on this for the FL guys:

C2 DESIGN
Tampa FL 33614
813-223-3744
www.c2dusa.com

You can PM me here or thru my website.

Specializing in just about everything Land Cruiser!

So Cal guys, just found out hat Jim Dickey Is permanently closed, Jim has passed away. Super bummed, he was a rad dude and a very knowledgeable mechanic and a hell of a nice guy.

Thanks for doing this! 🙏🏻
Any other suggestions in NY would be great!

Is it reasonable to request a removal from the list? I have had a few problems with B&B Muffler in Austin, TX. At this point, I am no longer taking my 60 to a mechanic shop for routine maintenance, but I have had a few irksome things happen while I was: I received a bad carburetor tuneup, had the wrong oil put in my vehicle (according to the FSM), and was told that my brake drum was cracked when it wasn't. This shop could have been good when it was initially recommended, but I have had problems with every visit.

Does anyone know if Jason from Buffalo is still active? I'm buying my first cruiser (an 88 fj62 from GA) and will slowly be doing work on it when I have the time/money.

I want to throw in my $0.02 worth regarding Dave Mays Automotive in Gainesville, Florida.

I dropped my FJ62 off there a bit over two months ago and just got it back today. So far, I'm very pleased with what they did; I drove it home over 300 miles after picking it up and the rebuilt engine did great so far.

While they had it, they were very thorough and let me know when there were issues and delays with the rebuild. In fact, they found a replacement 3FE two blocks away and went over it and made sure that there weren't any hidden issues that would crop up, like a cracked timing chain gear. ;)

I'm pleased enough that I may make them my go-to shop for items I can't or don't want to do, even though they are over 300 miles away. After all, who doesn't like a road trip as long it's not a tow!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Jason from Buffalo is still active? I'm buying my first cruiser (an 88 fj62 from GA) and will slowly be doing work on it when I have the time/money.
Does anyone know of any mechanics/shops in the Western New York area? There has to be some people from Buffalo WNY?

Texas- so I have had my 60 for almost 2 years and started using a shop owned by a friend. Spags is located in The Woodlands, TX, which is about 27 miles north of Houston. He desmogged mine, installed an H55 and many other repairs. While mine was there getting a new 5 speed he took in another 2 60s and pulled the engine on one and rebuilt it. I know that guy was happy as well because I sent him there from one of the local cruiser meetings and talked to him after.

Spags- Automotive and Collision
Address: 1224, 26230 Hanna Rd, Spring, TX 77386
Phone: (281) 362-0033
Talk to Owner Anthony or his son Nick Spagnoletti

I'll not add another shop to the Florida roster, but will add my $0.02 about Dave Mays Automotive (DMA) in Gainesville, Florida.

I had them rebuild my engine and do quite a few other small items that other shops just wouldn't do, or just couldn't do right. The team at DMA took the time to really research my vehicle (1988 FJ62) and find its idiosyncrasies to do things right. Their estimates were either spot on, or had to change due to issues like cracked gears that were found upon tear-down. Overall, their prices were very fair, and I am extremely pleased with how my Land Cruiser was treated during its stay at their shop. They communicated with me when needed, and were always receptive and helpful when I felt the need to contact them.

Their shop is 300 miles from my home, but the trip was worth it to get the level of service that I received there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom