CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to suggest adding LandCruiser Heaven in Hagerstown, Maryland.

Great shop with 99.5% Landcruisers. Land Cruiser Heaven My truck is there and they are doing excellent work.

Owner is @FloridaFJ80

Hey everyone. It’sEric from Oldenburg’s Automotive in New Jersey. I’ve moved to Leck kill PA near Raush Creek off-road park and the AOAA in Shamokin PA. I’ll update all the info when I get more settled in. The new phone number is 570-556-9981 or email me at Oldenburg.eric13@gmail.com. I’ll help out as best I can till I’m better set up. Thanks Eric.

Shout out to Eric here....he came out to help me with my first-ever knuckle rebuild. It went swimmingly. His expertise is insane. I thought I did my homework but could barely keep up. Good dude - reach out to him w/o hesitation. Just a pleasure to hang out with, work with, and a legit Cruiserhead.

MICHIGAN
Garfield Auto
725 South Garfield Ave.
Traverse City MI 49686

I live in TC. I had been using Dave’s Garage because of this thread. Great folk. But came to realize, they were sending all the hard stuff over to Garfield Auto. Garfield Auto has rebuilt a number of 2Fs. They are very familiar w/ Cruisers. They fixed all my carb issues and are currently doing a refurbished head install [from Ed at Classic Cruisers] w/ new gasket. Excellent work. Fair pricing,

MICHIGAN
Garfield Auto
725 South Garfield Ave.
Traverse City MI 49686

I live in TC. I had been using Dave’s Garage because of this thread. Great folk. But came to realize, they were sending all the hard stuff over to Garfield Auto. Garfield Auto has rebuilt a number of 2Fs. They are very familiar w/ Cruisers. They fixed all my carb issues and are currently doing a refurbished head install [from Ed at Classic Cruisers] w/ new gasket. Excellent work. Fair pricing,

This place went out of business under some less than stellar reviews and allegedly customer litigation, you can remove it from your list:
Barretts Automotive
2695 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84106-2276
(801) 467-6571

However, I would highly recommend the below shop. Dustin runs the place and has bent over backwards to help me on my 40 and 60. There’s always some great cruisers to ogle when you visit as well:
State Automotive
8408 S. State St
Midvale, UT 84047
(801) 565-8411

Hey everyone. It’sEric from Oldenburg’s Automotive in New Jersey. I’ve moved to Leck kill PA near Raush Creek off-road park and the AOAA in Shamokin PA. I’ll update all the info when I get more settled in. The new phone number is 570-556-9981 or email me at Oldenburg.eric13@gmail.com. I’ll help out as best I can till I’m better set up. Thanks Eric.

Eric just helped me baseline my 98 LX470. I was short on time and he worked until midnight every night to get my truck on the road. Asked him to change the transmission fluid on my Odyssey too and he wanted me to come back so he can do it right - by dropping the pan and change the filter also. He's a bit out of the way for me but I'm bringing all my cars to him from now on. If anyone in PA needs any work done on cruisers or vehicles then call him now! Hopefully enough mudders can keep him busy and happy where he is so he can stay independent. I'm bringing my dad's car to him next!

Eric, you still need to fix your email link.

Eric just helped me baseline my 98 LX470. I was short on time and he worked until midnight every night to get my truck on the road. Asked him to change the transmission fluid on my Odyssey too and he wanted me to come back so he can do it right - by dropping the pan and change the filter also. He's a bit out of the way for me but I'm bringing all my cars to him from now on. If anyone in PA needs any work done on cruisers or vehicles then call him now! Hopefully enough mudders can keep him busy and happy where he is so he can stay independent. I'm bringing my dad's car to him next!

Eric, you still need to fix your email link.
I fixed the link. Thanks for the opportunity to work on your LX470.

TENNESSEE
Blackwell Automotive
71 Eastgate Loop
Chattanooga, TN 37411

Toyota and Lexus automotive shop. The owners are super nice people and go the extra mile every single time. They've done some work on our 100 series. There are always a handful of 80 series in and around the shop.

TENNESSEE
Blackwell Automotive
71 Eastgate Loop
Chattanooga, TN 37411

Toyota and Lexus automotive shop. The owners are super nice people and go the extra mile every single time. They've done some work on our 100 series. There are always a handful of 80 series in and around the shop.

Adding another:

St. James BP Automotive center
525 N Country Rd
St.James, NY 11780

Kenny Dean’s in south Jersey is amazing but finding this shop was a life saver for the NYC north Jersey area

Mechanic gsheet
Updated the spread sheet as of Aug 14, 2018.
Of course I might have missed a few.
Comments are enabled if you want me to make corrections.
As a full time traveler in remote areas I am off line for weeks at a time and even when online I have high priorities but I will try to keep this updated a few times a year.
I'll update the map shortly.

I don’t think the Manafre shop in Ca is in business any more.

Someone add RPM Offroad Garage, Steve owns many cruisers. They know their stuff. They're building RWB's 200s as we speak.
RPM Garage - Monrovia, CA

Need recommendation for a 100 series mechanic. Need a front outer CV boot replaced, rear brakes done, and timing belt replaced. Please help. I used to goto O'Brian years ago when I had my FJ Cruiser but this new to me 2000 Land Cruiser is a whole different beast.

Posted in this series forum because it's the only mechanics thead I can find via search function.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom