CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Mississippi:

Safe Harbour Marina (601) 829-1513
4269 Highway 43 N Brandon MS 39047

Ask for Myron Watson. They mainly do boat stuff, obviously, but he has worked on 3 or 4 trucks from the CLC guys. He has done wonders with 2 40 carbs and unfubared my dizzy install on my 76 40. He has a nice shop and when I was in he was doing an engine rebuild on a 73 LC40, definitely not his first. He was a Toyota mechanic for years and simply got tired of it (read has forgotten more about these trucks than I'll ever know)

He doesn't do LC work all the time, but gets hungry when the boats aren't running. Very nice guy with a fair price. I have his cell but I don't think I want to put that out here just call the shop and ask for Myron.

wish I lived in CA....goooood gravey that's a list

Bump: Nevada NEEDS Land Cruiser Mechanics!!! My only option os to drive to Man-A-Fre.

There are (were?) a couple in the Reno area that were mentioned here and there. I don't remember their names, but they may be worth looking up if headed that way.

Where is Man-A-Fre? Thought they were down in San Diego. Talk to OrangeFJ45 as he is located in Stockton which is a hell of a lot closer.

^^^ and Georg will square you away right

Does anyone know a good 80 mechanic in Dallas...I tried Dung Nguyen that was listed on the first page, but the phone number has apparently changed. Apparently whoever got this number is getting a large number of calls for repair work.

I need to get my CC fixed...passed all driver seat sensor tests. When I try to set it the cruise light flashes at a constant interval until I switch it off.

Cruiser Mechanic in CA High Desert

Great thread! You can add us to the list:

Anything from an axle rebuild to a full frame of restoration.

We are a Landcruiser centric shop , as well as having a mobile mechanic on staff.

If you are stuck somewhere within 50 miles of 92345, our mechanic can come to you.

Extreme Landcruiser 760.646.7470

Mon-Fri 10am-6pm PST (Weekends or evenings mobile service by availability).

We are based out of the High Desert Area: Phelan, Wrightwood, Adelanto, Hesperia, Victorville, Apple Valley, Lucerne Valley, Big Bear, and the small areas in between. Stuck off the 15 on your way to Vegas? We've got you covered.

Talked to a friend over the weekend that said there is a guy out in Mound House that is a toyota nut but does lots of custom car work. He has been to him for custom driveshafts, turnings, etc. and highly recommends him. I will try to get the information and post here.

Going through the process of finding a repair shop in my area and was pointed to "The List" this is great!

I do have a possible add for you from reading through other searching posts;

Toy Shop

4818 Geary Blvd
(between 12th Ave & Funston Ave)
San Francisco, CA 94118
Neighborhood: Inner Richmond
(415) 386-0122

Haven't used them yet but did call and talk to them:)

Might help somebody in SF...Great thread!

Im going to have to contact the moderators, ive been locked out!

Extreme Landcruiser can you send more info so I can put you on the list.
Address, phone number, website etc etc

OK im back in!

List updated with MS, CA, and VA

Please remember to include ALL info when requesting to go on the list.

Name, address, Phone number, email, website

Extreme Landcruiser, I need your address

Arkansas

Bryant Vaughter
Rock City 4x4
3715 Rushing Road
Little Rock, AR 72210
501-626-2708

For those of us in Central Arkansas, call Bryant and he'll do you right.

Thanks Kimosabe and Corboto, they have been added to the list

Dash Board / Door / Window Wizard in No Cal

Based on a personal Mud referral (thanks, Jody) I found my way to Bob Haverkamp at All Audio in San Rafael, CA. Bob has been working on all kinds of cars for years - radios, stereos, anything electrical or door panels - for over 30 years. My FJ62 had "issues" with windows, locks, dash rattles, electrical bugs, you name the things that can go wrong over 24 years of use/abuse.

Bob turned my rough survivor into a crazy quiet sweet ride - kind of like a Lexus. The electrical door locks, windows, antenna, etc. all work at least as well as when new. He also installed a killer Alpine stereo and Clifford alarm.

Amazingly rehabbed the dash and killed every single rattle, squeak and buzz. And did it all for a very reasonable price (including sound suppression material in doors, hood, etc.).

Bob runs a small shop and did all the work on my truck. He can be hard to get ahold of but is worth the effort. Check out the shop's Yelp ratings - all 5 stars. Be patient, give him a try and you will not be disappointed.

All Audio
Bob Haverkamp:bounce:
36 Belvedere St
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 455-0161
dashboardwizard@att.net

Thanks.
Updated CA with Bob's info - good thing too as CA now only has 33 mechanics! I was getting worried there for a minute we might be a little thin on shops!
Seriously though, thanks for the recommendation.
Some of these shops should move East, they would have the market cornered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom