CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to go see Jose Riveria from MetroCruisers in Belleville, NJ about my FJ62. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable. Pretty cool shop with a bunch of different cruisers in the parking lot. Anybody in the area should go check his shop out. His prices are very fair and great guy to do business with. It shows his location as NY but it is actually.

MetroCruisers
3 Cleveland Street
Belleville, NJ 07109
(973) 943-1785

Added them to the list

Dan

No pa shops, defiantly a bummer, moved back home to pa from san diego and now I have money to fix this pig up, guess ill have to work on my mechanic skills... or lack there of.

Need more info. Have you had experience with them?
Got an address, URL, phone number?
Reviews are always helpful to fellow mudders!

RT Customs in Irving, TX

RT Customs in Irving. Randy is focused on 40/60 series and vortec conversions. He does have a shop, but keep in mind that this is his side job so he works on a schedule. He is very skilled in working on the Toyotas and is especially good at tackling the jobs where people drop off a box of parts with a chasis and expect it to be put together RIGHT.

He worked on all my cars, including my fleet and the 80 series. He had rewired my car after another mechanic "accidentally" burned it down. Traced the short when another mechanic "messed" up and blame it on the car being old.

His website: RT Customs

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, they have been added

Dan

Need more info ...

Address? Phone number? Website address?
Got any reviews or personal experiences? Does he specialize in a certain series LC - 60, 80, 100 etc?

Got one for rural Oregon/SE Washington (if your passing to and front the Oregon Coast or Portland, you'll be in our neighborhood); he's the only guy I'll let touch any of my rigs...

John Selman
New Image Sports
45082 Mission Road
Pendleton, OR 97801-9296
(541) 276-6822

Got one for rural Oregon/SE Washington (if your passing to and front the Oregon Coast or Portland, you'll be in our neighborhood); he's the only guy I'll let touch any of my rigs...

John Selman
New Image Sports
45082 Mission Road
Pendleton, OR 97801-9296
(541) 276-6822

Added thanks!
Dan

Does anyone know of any good mechanics in the Memphis TN area?

All Mountain Motors
1105 Grand Avenue
Norwood Co. 81423
970-327-4987

FJ 60 engines

What is the most economical way to go on an engine replacement for my 1984 60? Are there conversions? Is it better to keep the straight 6?
I'm not a mechanic but have FJ mechanic friends.
hb

I would add the following for New Mexico:

Toyomasters here in ABQ. They are all Toyota certified and many are mini-truck/LC geeks. Get their parts from American and are honest and reasonable: Toyomasters

For those near Silver City, NM: Bill's Toy Shop: Bill's Toy Shop Very well versed in Land Cruisers and mini's.

Reactions: LCQ
Can we add Canadian garages too?

Might be nice to include us Canadian mudders on here too and make the list by state/province. What do you think?

I'll start with One for Quebec:

Luc Auto Service

Phone :(450) 465-2224
Address :1166 av Victoria * Lemoyne , QC , J4R1R2

Thanks, great sticky.

What is the most economical way to go on an engine replacement for my 1984 60? Are there conversions? Is it better to keep the straight 6?
I'm not a mechanic but have FJ mechanic friends.
hb
Bro-you might want to pose this question in a new thread instead of here.
This is an ongoing thread for those seeking local LC techs in thier area.

you won't get much response here, it'll get lost inthe thread and might hijack this otherwise GREAT THREAD .

After dealing with Jim Dickey over at his shop in Gardena, CA, I wanted him to get some press.

He was a pleasure to deal with, got my rig done in a really decent amount of time and was, most importantly, up front and fair. If I need anything beyond my meager skills for wrenching I'll be going back to him. What a great guy and he knows his Cruisers!

He is at 310.329.9007
18932 S. Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom