CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We need one more land cruiser shop in Washington....in Tacoma! I am residing in the area. I would not mind working for a shop that repairs land cruisers. my frame also needs work done.

Noteworthy addition in central Mississippi:

49 Tire and Auto Service

1186 U.S. Hwy 49 S
Richland, MS 39218 (southern suburb of Jackson, MS - the Capital City of MS)
(601)932-6636
Chris Tolleson, Owner (CottonLand Cruisers member)
Rob Wilder, one of the BEST cruiser mechanics you're likely to find ANYWHERE! (CottonLand Cruisers member)
www.49tire.com

I was informed by
LexTech Automotive LLC
Glenn McAdory
1533 Folly Rd., Unit E-2
Charleston, S.C. 29412
In the Folly Road Business Park
ph. 225-5191
fax. 225-5195
http://www.lextechautomotivellc.com/toyota-landcruiser-fjcruiser-mechanic-charleston.html
Review: Glenn is a member of Lowcountry Land Cruisers (sub chapter of Upstate Cruisers)and does outstanding work for a very very fair price....He owns a 40 and two 80s...plus has a couple 40s, a 55 and a 60 in his lot right now working on them.

They are no longer working on 60'S which is a shame but we still have a great mechanic in

Terry McIntosh
McIntosh Imports
(843) 388-1558
875 N Lansing Dr # D
Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
Review: He and his wife run the shop. Toyota/Lexus certified. Honest to a fault.

Thomasville, Ga
Another shout out for Rob Smith Repairs / Fabrications
As other folks have mentioned, he works on 40s, 60s, 70s, etc.
Over all great mechanic and he's fond of doing diesel conversions
Custom fabrications, body work, etc.
LED lighting
And he's a nice guy
229-224-4496

I am converting this thread to a gsheet and a google map.
This is a prototype of the sheet: FJ60 Mechanics

And this is a prototype of the map:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yo5G7jSmPZjGNLeHwDxdgt4W_rA&usp=sharing

The idea it to enhance the utility of the information by making it searchable on the map and normalizing the information to some degree.

Multiple people can work on the sheet at a time so if anyone wants to help
please send me your gmail address and I'll add you as an editor.
You can enter your id and what state(s) you plan on editing on the Volunteer sheet.

I will probably add a "service type" column to distinguish things like body work only, engine only, etc.

Since I travel I don't have full time access to the internet but I may be able to do it all on my own in a month or two.

Then we need to keep it current some how.

I have changed mechanics spread sheet so that anyone with the link can edit the public sheet no need to volunteer.
If this works I'll move the public stuff to the protected sheets just to be safe.
Same link as before to edit sheet:
FJ60 Mechanics

Thanks.
Updated CA with Bob's info - good thing too as CA now only has 33 mechanics! I was getting worried there for a minute we might be a little thin on shops!
Seriously though, thanks for the recommendation.
Some of these shops should move East, they would have the market cornered
Several of the mechanics listed in CA no longer are at the telephone numbers (or have gone out of business). Also, a few of them only work on much more modern cruisers and have no clue about about diesel engines (2h or some others). This doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work you did. I'm just having an impossible time finding a mechanic south of LA that knows 2h engines.

Anyone know any more locally in Orange County area? I know of some in San Diego but was wondering if any good recommended ones more in the Orange County area? Thanks in advance!
If you know any cruiser mechanics that work on 2h engines in San Diego, PLEASE let me know. I can't find anyone. I think T&J performance center in Orange works on classic cruisers (not positive they have much experience with diesels though. This country is FJ40-centric for sure--understandably)

Just spoke with John at SD Trux and he told me they no longer service 40s or 60s. Sad day.
Anybody have any other suggestions in San Diego to service an '86 FJ60 besides 'The Truck Shop'?
Did you ever find anybody? I have looked and looked for someone with 2h engine experience (or any cruiser diesel for that matter) and can't find anyone.

Took some hunting and all the links I found on boards here were old, however Proffitts Cruisers in Colorado is still good. Sight is
Resurrectionlandcruisers.com
Phone number is 970-596-7363
Mon-thur

Took some hunting and all the links I found on boards here were old, however Proffitts Cruisers in Colorado is still good. Sight is
Resurrectionlandcruisers.com
Phone number is 970-596-7363
Mon-thur

You're right here in Oceanside? Didn't realize that. I did some hunting also and found a guy in PB near the 5 who apparently has worked on the older LCs. I was going to take mine in to figure out the fuel issue but with the help of mud guys solved it myself before I was scheduled to take it down. The guy's name is Greg and he works at Kenyon Machine shop in PB off the Sea World exit east.

Would you really have to go all the way to Colorado to find a mechanic? I found a couple in LA and then there's Gary Mudrak in Sonoma who works on all those FJ40s and 60s as well as BJs. He did great work on mine.

You're right here in Oceanside? Didn't realize that. I did some hunting also and found a guy in PB near the 5 who apparently has worked on the older LCs. I was going to take mine in to figure out the fuel issue but with the help of mud guys solved it myself before I was scheduled to take it down. The guy's name is Greg and he works at Kenyon Machine shop in PB off the Sea World exit east.

Would you really have to go all the way to Colorado to find a mechanic? I found a couple in LA and then there's Gary Mudrak in Sonoma who works on all those FJ40s and 60s as well as BJs. He did great work on mine.
They were the ones who answered back, also they have the engine I was looking for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom