Cruiser mechanic around Destin & some help diagnosing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My uncle has a '93 FJ80 and asked for some help. I'm pretty much a novice, but I'll pull stuff apart and try to figure it out. Anyway he lived off 331 just off the south side of the bay bridge. Is there a mechanic around there who knows cruisers?

The symptoms he described: Starts up fine; by the time he gets to Grayton (5-8 miles?) the engine starts stalling, maybe starved of fuel? Sometimes he has to stop on the side of the road and let it work it's issues out and sometime he can keep cruising and it will stop stalling. After a while the issue goes away. Sounds to me like it stalls when the engine is cold and hot. He's had the plugs replaced and put fuel injector cleaner in it but that's about all. I think maybe TPS needs adjusting or some other electronic control is whacking out. What say you?

My uncle has a '93 FJ80 and asked for some help. I'm pretty much a novice, but I'll pull stuff apart and try to figure it out. Anyway he lived off 331 just off the south side of the bay bridge. Is there a mechanic around there who knows cruisers?

The symptoms he described: Starts up fine; by the time he gets to Grayton (5-8 miles?) the engine starts stalling, maybe starved of fuel? Sometimes he has to stop on the side of the road and let it work it's issues out and sometime he can keep cruising and it will stop stalling. After a while the issue goes away. Sounds to me like it stalls when the engine is cold and hot. He's had the plugs replaced and put fuel injector cleaner in it but that's about all. I think maybe TPS needs adjusting or some other electronic control is whacking out. What say you?

Maybe mass airflow sensor?

I'm in the blue mountain beach area just south of him. I take mine to beach technical services, they're great. They're not import/cruiser specific, but they know what they're doing. Corner of 393 and 98.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom