Cruiser karma has paid me back! (An unexpected journey) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guess ill post this in the 40 section to get more views haha. Ive been cruiserless for 8 months now and have hunted day in and day out for the perfect situation to come up. Well it came yesterday and i jumped! I wont post a pic yet till i pick it up (well maybe one teaser), but im flying 1100 miles to pick it up next week and drive it home! Little nervous of this long of a trip in a 42 but its in pretty good mechinal condition. Well taken care of and only 130k miles on it.

I plan to document my journey here on mud. Looking for a bit of adventure but nothing extreme haha.

Im goin solo on this mission also. So if you see me anywhere on the highway from Victoria, BC to Sask kindly wave. I plan on taking the southern route Crowsnest pass etc. Not sure i wanna do all those summits and drive the Coq this time of year.

*So i wanna pack a small tool kit for the trip what do you all suggest? Just few basic things i can throw in my suitcase for the long drive home.

Only pic ill post till the trip!

minus the canoe...

Last edited:
Still too soon to say welcome back...even though you never really left!:p

Travel safe.

Credit cards and internet service are a few common tools needed.
To call friends, look up parts and purchase fluids for friends that help.
Basic tools.
Safe travels

Still too soon to say welcome back...even though you never really left!:p

Travel safe.

Its funny ive never gone more then 8 months after selling a cruiser before picking up another!!! Each time i say no more thats it for cruisers.

8 piece metric spanner set x 2.
Accelerant in a can.
Jack.
Spare.
Wheel brace.
6 piece screwdriver kit.
5m of fuel line and 3 filters.
Brake/clutch fluid.
Jerry of diesel.
Oil.
Pliers.
5m of rope.
Duct tape.
Toilet paper.

If you're flying out there you're going to be limited on what tools you can carry, obviously, let alone the questions from TSA, so I'd at least bring a 10-19mm wrench set box/open, screwdrivers, adjustable wrench ...

You'd really be better off just finding a Home Depot or such once you get there and getting a cheap Crescent tool set and some of the stuff mentioned above. Taiwan made but good quality and will have pretty much what you need for a long trip.

I'd also get a cheap sleeping bag, just in case.

Safe trip. Post from the road!

Flashlight/torch, fire starter of some sort, small first aid kit, fire extinguisher ( at a store on the pickup end), knife, two Golden Retrievers... Or, at least one Golden Retriever. :cool:

Danny and traveling light are not in the same chapter.

Flashlight/torch, fire starter of some sort, small first aid kit, fire extinguisher ( at a store on the pickup end), knife, two Golden Retrievers... Or, at least one Golden Retriever. :cool:

However, he wrote the book on being prepared for anything.

Its funny ive never gone more then 8 months after selling a cruiser before picking up another!!! Each time i say no more thats it for cruisers.

The first step in the 12 step program is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom