Cruiser is stranded at friend's garage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First I have to say if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all. :mad:
Ive been getting the '89 ready for Paragon recently, and today I threw on some 33 13.5 ltbs mounted on old chevy wagon wheels. They're off a friend's truck that isn't running. Had to buy deep well lug nuts for these wheels, his wouldn't thread. Wasn't sure if the backspacing was going to be right or not, well it isn't. :censor: The back edge of the rims barely rubs my tie rod ends, chewed up his wheel weights. :doh: Now I need to come up with some wheel spacers, 1/4" should do the trick. The swampers make the rig look nasty, can't wait till I have a set of my own. Heck, i can't wait till these ones aren't rubbing to see how they work. At least my shackles turned out okay, and I hope the rear welding goes smoothly, gonna do it Woody style.

Nope, but tomorrow when theres some light out I'll take some pics. I think I'll have to delete some pics from a previous post or email em to someone to post for me. I'd buy a star but all of my cash is going into my cruisers. I'm poor. :flipoff2:

They're my friend's tires/wheels btw, not mine. Starting to see how poor I am? :)

1/4" spacers you can typically get at any Autozone/pepboys/kragen..

They are cheap too.

Mace said:
1/4" spacers you can typically get at any Autozone/pepboys/kragen..

They are cheap too.

Good advice Mace.
Went to A&A :princess: this morning and picked up a pair for $30. Quatrter inch thickness, and it is just barely enough to clear the rims w/o rubbing.
The 7" and 7 1/2" shackles seem to be enough to clear the 33 13.5. The wide heavy meats make it very slow/bumpy/wander on road but are unstoppable offroad and look badass. :flipoff2: I may buy them for $600 w/ rims. I've got them until after Paragon at least, about 2 weeks.

It worked out great, spent most of the day wheeling. Couldn't find anything sloppy, but they work great in the rocks.
Was pretty busy this weekend, would sometime during the week work? Anytime after 4 or so works for me. I wanna see how your 40 is coming along, did u start the motor swap yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom