Cruiser is running better that ever!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Boy is my cruiser running good. I maybe put 2k miles a year on my cruiser so I have not changed oil in a year or more. Changed it yesterday and switched to 20W-50. Changed from 10W-30.

It seems like my engine is running much smoother, and quieter especially when idling.

Has anyone else experienced this effect from an oil change or a viscosity change?
Or is it just a placebo effect?

yep is more thick, is better to low compresion o used engines .. :D also did you check your oil press, is much better now .. :D

Pressure did move up. It was below center now its now a little above center.

interesting..............
i think i'll try that to get the pressure up in my 40

great info THANX! :D

2badfjs said:
interesting..............
i think i'll try that to get the pressure up in my 40

great info THANX! :D

so that they are the friends .. !

swank60 said:
Something I did recently that made a HUGE difference in performance was switch over to NGK plugs. Amazing the difference. (was using Bosch dual spark plat. plugs)
Toyota engines work a hell of a lot better on NGKs. Even Jap made boat motors run better - some Jap boat motors wont even run on anything but NGKs...wierd like that, but it is true.

so is there a consisous (sp) that using 20W-50 is better for your motor?? I use 10w-40 synethic blend....maybe is should switch to a heavier wt oil...

Noah said:
so is there a consisous (sp) that using 20W-50 is better for your motor?? I use 10w-40 synethic blend....maybe is should switch to a heavier wt oil...

It really depends on your oil pressure and performance. A lot of folks use the Delo 15w40 - I do during the winter and get great pressure, and there's a ton of detergents and stuff that help keep everything clean.

If you're using 10w40 with good results, stick with it. Where you are, you're not going to encounter the ambient heat that I do here in TX, which is one consideration for the heavier oil. If you're getting a lot of noise and other unwanted performance issues, I'd say step up to the Delo 15w40 and see if that works well. If not, then go to the 20w50.

Amsoil 15w40 heavy duty diesel marine oil is what I use. Excellent stuff!

20w-50 is thicker, therefore higher oil pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom