Cruiser in Well (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cruiser in Well (Fixed pic links)

Ever wondered how you might fair if your cruiser went for a ride down a deep well with you in it? Here's the story stolen from Patrol4x4...

It happened in Saudi Arabia a few days ago!
In areas where there is fresh water underground people dug out the ground and lined the walls with stone and cement to prevent the sand falling back in again. Some are 100 metres deep!

This specific well is 60 metres deep with a diameter of about 4 metres and is located outside a small township close to Riyad, close to the centre of Saudi.
The guys go out on a Thursday to play with their 4x4's in the desert.
One of them “found” this well, and fell 60 metres to the bottom, V8 Land-Cruiser and all.

Rescue workers dragged the car out with the driver inside, just dazed from a bump to his head against the windscreen.
Wouldn’t have thought that someone could come out of this alive!

You can just see it at the bottom
wellcruiser1.jpg

wellcruiser2.jpg

welllcruiser3.jpg

wellcruiser4.jpg

wellcruiser5.jpg

wellcruiser6.jpg

Lucky driver
wellcruiser7.jpg

Don't think any Cruiser would fair to well in this new Guatemalan hole... :D

sinkhole1.jpg

Last edited:
It would suck having your house near that big hole !!!

I can't see the pics either they are on some patrol4x4 board that you need to be signed in on to see pics! No Nanny filter here!

I can't see the pics either they are on some patrol4x4 board that you need to be signed in on to see pics! No Nanny filter here!

The were attachments uploaded to Patrol4x4. I downloaded them, uploaded them to photobucket and then edited the post. You should be able to see them now.

Still, I think it was the Toyota nanny filter which blocked them coming from a Patrol site... ;p

Last edited:
Definately an example why you should be wheeling with more than one truck.

Another good reason for a cased well! The ones we drill in Sierra Leone have a 6" casing. The worst that could happen there is a flat tire if you hit it too hard before the pump is installed.

Another good reason for a cased well! The ones we drill in Sierra Leone have a 6" casing. The worst that could happen there is a flat tire if you hit it too hard before the pump is installed.

Heck I am pretty impressed with that well, looks like it would have been quite the task to contruct. But do agree with something to keep things from falling in.:hillbilly:

Definately an example why you should be wheeling with more than one truck.

I'm glad we don't have those hazards like that here. The closest to that which I've seen here is when a guy broke through a well on an old tailings pond up by Princeton. It took in the front end of the truck up to the door. I still tread carefully when I am up on those tailings ponds. One of those old wells also got a cougar (four legged kind) when I was a kid. It had stepped on some rotten wood covering the well and broke through. The CO had to shoot it.

The first pic looks like a different well, not the same rock, what kinda photoshop you trying to pull?

I guess they used bolders at the bottom, only way the hole would be big enough fo fit a cruiser, damn abdul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom