Cruiser in SV for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not mine, just saw it on Craigs. I'm rather curious how someone got 30 mpg out of that rig. Diesel conversion and a whole lot of gear changing? :)

1973 landcruzier 4sale/trade for quads

Glenn

lots of ways

there are plenty of ways to get to 30mpg... all of them involve doing the math wrong.

Bwahahah

Howdy! It's just a typo. Should read " gets up to nearly 30 mph" John

And I think we have a winner in the quick-wit reply of the day.

Thanks for the smile,

Glenn

Maybe Sierra Vista gallons are about 2.5 times the amount of regular gallons?
Yea, that's the ticket!! He's got a 50 gallon tank, but thinks it's a 20. A full tank gets him 600 miles. So, 12 MPH would be about right. If the rust is minimal, it would be a good starter rig, just a bit high on the price. Only smog gear required is a PCV and a vapor can. John

FYI; That was hanging around a used car lot here for quite a while. Didn't drive it but looked kind of rough. Sold not long ago, month maybe. Drove past me the other day sans driver side door. I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

Lights Anyone?

Looks like it may have been used for "extensive night action" somewhere.

How many bales will fit in a 55? It has a large roof rack too!

How many bales will fit in a 55? It has a large roof rack too!

WOW, at first I thought...who's farming / putting hay in a 55? then :eek::doh:!!!

so he's not talking about taco bell????:steer:

FYI
I dont know what shape it is in now. But that was my parents 55 they sold a few years ago. When they sold it, it had a 71 f engine in it and was tough to keep running. They tried everything from a new oem carb to a electronic weber. There was very small rust holes in the rocker panels and a badly torn headliner. The extra doors that are described are actually the original ones. They were replaced because of rust and someone was parting a 55 and the doors were better. When my parents owned it the color was orange/white, with red front doors at time of sale. Here is what it looked like when they sold it.

Edit: it had the 3 speed on the floor tranny when sold and nowhere near 30 MPG
73 55.jpg

Adding massive pre runner light bars and flat black srpay paint must equate a 65% increase in MPG in this scenario...:grinpimp:
55.jpg

Last edited:
ya know the only time i can get 30 mpg is with the motor off coasting down a long hill:grinpimp: hey really my fj40 can get 14 mpg at 75 mph .... but its on the trailer behind the dodge:p

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom