Cruiser Head (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChaserFJ60

Owner of CruiserHead.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiserhead.com

FJ60 Custom Painted Bezel12.jpg

More info on reproduction bezel here : Fj60 Solutions [NEW Painted Interior Bezels] - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-solutions-new-painted-interior-bezels.1234894/post-14356766

This code doesn't leave this forum or I'll delete it!
Use code IH8MUD for free shipping on orders from my lil ol Etsy store :cheers:

Radio Brackets, Ash tray switch replacements.

Hey everyone, about 2 years ago the rubber on my Fj60's front amber side markers went out, I replaced them for around $60 doll-hairs. The end.
I bought myself a 3D printer and thought that these might make somebody else's life easier. As of this First post I'm still dialing in the shape, but its mostly there. I just wanted to share where I'm at. As of today, these can be found for around $30 each online for complete new ones. But if your lenses are still good then replacing just the rubber part might be a more attractive option. I'll post a link when I have it so these will be free to download.

If anyone cant print anything I'll gladly do it for a small fee, It helps pay for my college.
130057091_3570158653045856_2029924608701730209_o.jpg

Also these Hella neat replacement Hella light covers I made :cool:. If anyone would like I uploaded the file for all to enjoy.
These Hella light covers will fit any 550 Series Hella light. Recommended printing in ASA
Please let me know if you make this!
20201201_1546042.jpg
20201201_031654.jpg

Last edited:
These side markers are NOT rectangular. PITA.
I eventually traced a side marker lens with pencil on printer paper, took a picture of that, Converted it to an SVG file, then used the SVG file to manipulate my drawing to the side markers true size.

This below so far is the final design, Its in two pieces for ease of printing and so the user can modify the inner housing to fit a bulb without the fear of ruining an entire print. Maybe this is over engineered, then again maybe not enough. If anyone actually uses this let me know what changes you think would help.
Final.jpg

Some Pics of the process
20201207_170710.jpg
20201207_170505.jpg
20201207_120516.jpg

Last edited:
Final fit on driver side is confirmed! Below is a link to download. Please read all the instructions. If you have your own custom light socket you want to integrate then I've also included an OBJ file and DWG file for you to edit.
As said before, If you want these and don't have a 3D printer, Ill gladly print you out a copy for $7 each plus shipping just reach out to me on MUD.
ASA is strongly proffered to print in. Make sure the bulb you choose doesn't melt the housing.
If you want a smooth and stronger finish then I highly recommend you look into vapor smoothing.

The housing was intended for a 158 bulb 3.4w 12v just like the original.
I recorded my bulb housing temperatures to be 90 C right where the bulb is connected to the stock housing. PETG likely will fail in this application.
-Glass transition Temperatures-
PETG 80 C [Not recommended]
ABS 105 C
ASA 100 C
These are temperatures that these types of plastic "SHOULD" be able to withstand without warping. These values can vary from brand to brand and formulation. Depending on your material it could be more or less.

title.jpg

Last edited:
My latest and greatest design is a bolt in radio bracket for the FJ60 dash! These will be 3D printed out of ASA impact resistant, UV resistant, and heat resistant plastic. Dash removal is not required but does make it easier.
This design requires that you use your radio DIN plate and push out the metal tabs to lock the radio into place.
These come with spacers so the radio units bezel will fit flush, giving the radio a much cleaner look. Spacers are not required for installation. Let me know if anyone's interested. This design uses factory hardware, no modification to your vehicle or radio unit is required, this is a BOLT ON solution.
Thanks @Noneya Bitness for the dash and radio used to design this, as well as quality control and design features
Cad.png
20210109_171314.jpg
20210109_171328.jpg
20210109_171412.jpg

Fj60 Radio Bracket | Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/FJ60Solutions/listing/941316771/fj60-radio-bracket?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1610575655340

Last edited:
Keep up the creative effort, nothing wrong with over-engineered products.

Test
To
Destruction

Sell at profit.

That radio bracket is slick. I keep debating... radio in center console or dash? This might settle that.

Interested but can I recommend adding a rear support to stabilize the radio from bouncing around on the rough roads.
I went ahead and found a bumpy road to test it, it seems very rigid! The radio I'm using for my FJ60 is a deeper radio than the one originally pictured. I should have these ready for sale by Friday.

Last edited:
is there a flexible product that you can make the rear air intake flaps and gasket?

they dry out, and then water leaks down and in, shorting the wire harness connectors to the side marker lights, and the rear hatch connector

is there a flexible product that you can make the rear air intake flaps and gasket?

they dry out, and then water leaks down and in, shorting the wire harness connectors to the side marker lights, and the rear hatch connector
Can you send me a picture of the parts?

My latest and greatest design is a bolt in radio bracket for the FJ60 dash! These will be 3D printed out of ASA impact resistant, UV resistant, and heat resistant plastic. Dash removal is not required but does make it easier.
This design requires that you use your radio DIN plate and push out the metal tabs to lock the radio into place.
These come with spacers so the radio units bezel will fit flush, giving the radio a much cleaner look. Spacers are not required for installation. Let me know if anyone's interested. This design uses factory hardware, no modification to your vehicle or radio unit is required, this is a BOLT ON solution.
Thanks @Noneya Bitness for the dash and radio used to design this, as well as quality control and design features
View attachment 2548668View attachment 2548671View attachment 2549147View attachment 2548673

Gauging interest before putting these on the market.
I'll take one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom