Cruiser Head (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In 3D printing I can print up to 450x450x440mm in ASA Plastic.

According to my material manufacturer, the material I use [ASA] has the following properties​

Glass Transition Temperature​
97C or 208F
Vicat Softening Temperature105C or 221F
Young's Modulus (X-Y)2379 +/- 157 MPA
Tensile Strength (X-Y)43.8 +/- 0.8 MPA
Elongation at Break (X-Y)6.7 +/- 0.6 MPA
Bending Modulus3206 +/- 108 MPA
Bending Strength73.4 +/- 2.1 MPA
Charpy Impact Strength10.3 +/- 0.4 (kJ/m^2)
I also can 3D print small SLA prints which are usually very precise but not ideal for most things which will be outdoors as they will get very brittle and break in the sunlight.

Is ASA material not able to withstand ultraviolet light?
I know very little about 3-D printing processes, but it is fascinating in it's potential.

Is ASA material not able to withstand ultraviolet light?
I know very little about 3-D printing processes, but it is fascinating in it's potential.
I edited my last post near the end to clarify a bit.

I can 3D print with two different types of printers at the moment, FDM which is the popular format of 3D printing and SLA which is a resin based 3D printer.
The SLA printer uses UV cured resin to print with so if I were to leave an SLA print out in the sun there's a large chance my part would get very brittle from over-curing in the sunlight UV rays.

ASA on the otherhand is an ideal plastic to be used in high temperature/high UV exposure situations. Its ~10x more UV resistant than ABS and will far outlast the plastic we have in our FJ60's now.

Some updates,
the Etsy Store is officially and permanently closed! All operations have been moved to our new website!

Currently I'm working on a fuse panel door for the FJ60, who knows maybe I can shove a Carling switch in there or maybe an LED warning light. This would be a good spot for some USB ports!
These panels are still available elsewhere but the material im using is much stronger than OEM and wont break nearly as easily, and yes these will be avaliable in the OEM Beige and Gray. This is just a first draft of the fuse door panel but I figured I'd share some progress with you all.
FuseDoorRendering.png

Some updates,
the Etsy Store is officially and permanently closed! All operations have been moved to our new website!

Currently I'm working on a fuse panel door for the FJ60, who knows maybe I can shove a Carling switch in there or maybe an LED warning light. This would be a good spot for some USB ports!
These panels are still available elsewhere but the material im using is much stronger than OEM and wont break nearly as easily, and yes these will be avaliable in the OEM Beige and Gray. This is just a first draft of the fuse door panel but I figured I'd share some progress with you all.
View attachment 3015119
Perfect spot for USB ports since power is located directly behind it. Several empty fuse spots in there that could be wired up for some protection, too.

While im waiting for one thing to come out of the printer for testing im working on another.

This next piece is a fantastic idea by @Gretsch to make an all in one USB charger that will fit with any stock FJ60 Bezel. Currently I'm waiting on parts to arrive to begin the actual charging port integration into the Blank switch. Until then, enjoy this rendering I made. :)

This will hopefully be available soon within the next week or so!

Fj60 USB Chargerlogo.png

Last edited:
@ChaserFJ60 I still want you to shoehorn 3 Autometer gauges” cutouts into the useless sand which pocket faceplate….

I could probably do that myself in CAD and have it cut out of ABS. But I’m just sayin - you wanted more R&D stuff to do. I got a couple other things for you too. I’ll hit you up on IG later about it all.

@ChaserFJ60 I still want you to shoehorn 3 Autometer gauges” cutouts into the useless sand which pocket faceplate….

I could probably do that myself in CAD and have it cut out of ABS. But I’m just sayin - you wanted more R&D stuff to do. I got a couple other things for you too. I’ll hit you up on IG later about it all.
I dont recall it, Yeah hit me up with the deets

While im waiting for one thing to come out of the printer for testing im working on another.

This next piece is a fantastic idea by @Gretsch to make an all in one USB charger that will fit with any stock FJ60 Bezel. Currently I'm waiting on parts to arrive to begin the actual charging port integration into the Blank switch. Until then, enjoy this rendering I made. :)

This will hopefully be available soon within the next week or so!

View attachment 3017262

Looking good my man.

Alright, Ive tested these with a DC power supply and these will charge your phone from 9v all the way up to 24V so these are FJ,HJ,BJ compatible.
I'm waiting on more USB boards now to start fulfilling orders

This USB pictured below is just the prototype, I will be painting these to match the other OEM switches.

USBprototype1LOGO.jpg

Currently the Minimum requirements to power this charger are 22AWG wire and a 7.5A Fuse.
Each USB port has Over-current protection, thermal protection, short-circuit protection built in.

More info to come soon

It looks muuuuch better painted... Should I not even offer these unpainted? so far these will cost only $25 a piece. With painting I will have to readjust the price. Thoughts? Opinions? I welcome constructive criticism. Oh and the fuse door panel is still in the works, Ive been working on both the fuse door and the USB charger simultaneously.

Painted Final1logo.jpg

Last edited:
Prolly easier for you to paint them in bulk than end-user buy paint and finish themselves.

I want two, please.

It looks muuuuch better painted... Should I not even offer these unpainted? so far these will cost only $25 a piece. With painting I will have to readjust the price. Thoughts? Opinions? I welcome constructive criticism. Oh and the fuse door panel is still in the works, Ive been working on both the fuse door and the USB charger simultaneously.

View attachment 3019398

Man looking great @ChaserFJ60. I would agree with @Spike Strip that you painting them would likely look better than someone buying unfinished and finishing it themselves. It is however more work for you so you might welcome selling unfinished ones to balance out your work load if these take off. I am not sure how much painting would change the pricing. I think the one I cobbled together with a switch blank and a USB port setup for a Toyota minivan was about where you are pricewise when you factor in the USB ports and the switch blank itself and doesn't look nearly as good. I would easily pay this sort of money for something that looks as factory as this does. Really nice work here as usual.

View attachment 3019398

Chase, sorry to be pedantic, but I think it needs the groove around the perimeter like the OEM blanks. I'm a stickler, what can I say!

Otherwise, this is an amazing piece of engineering. Nice work man.

Chase, sorry to be pedantic, but I think it needs the groove around the perimeter like the OEM blanks. I'm a stickler, what can I say!

Otherwise, this is an amazing piece of engineering. Nice work man.
Yeah, Im still working out the 3D printing settings for that one. Ill update progress before its release!

Memorial Day Sale, 15% off everything Storewide!

Now until Wednesday 06/01/2022!

MemorialDayFrontedit.png

Still waiting on the first PCB's to arrive to begin production. Still working on the Fuse panel doors as-well! More to come soon!

Alright @CruiserTrash Im buying new equipment to make this new insert as high quality as I possibly can just for your ridge haha. My classic FDM printer would not do the small detail of the inner ridge so I found a machine that could.

Here's my first attempt with the new machine, Its not perfect and its with the wrong material but I think its a fantastic start.
Finalattempt1logo.png

It also has a faint texture like the original. All goes well and this will be basically what the final product will look like. Oh and these are fast chargers too :)

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself, Ive never installed all my products for the FJ60 Dash at once before!
Here's a simple catalog of what includes some of my more popular items for the FJ60. Not all Items are listed below.

Oh and the bezel that everything is inserted into is also a reproduction available through my store.

All this and more available at
Sample Page2.png

*USB Charger Coming soon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom