Builds Classic Cruiser Giveaway #1 - 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Build thread header-100.jpg

Hello fellow Cruiser Heads! This is a collaborative thread brought to you by Cruiser Gear and Legend 4x4. We are extremely excited to start this build thread for this 1974 FJ40 restomod. Why? Because this rig will be designed by YOU, and when it's done, we are going to give it away!

That's right, our followers on social media are voting in polls to decide how we should build this rig. They're choosing everything from soft top vs hardtop, old steel vs new tub, paint color, interior material, interior color, classic toyota drivetrain vs modern V8 drivetrain, etc.

And when we're done with it, we're giving it away to one of our lucky customers! So how do you enter to win it? It's simple, just follow @cruisergear and @legend_4x4 on Instagram (if you have it), then head on over to Cruiser Gear's website and treat yourself to something nice, because every $5 spent there gets your name entered to win!

So be sure to watch this thread for updates on the rig, as well as updates of new products that qualify you to enter to win it!

Thanks guys!
Blake

Cruiser Gear

Legend 4x4

Last edited:
Well this is interesting..

Hello again! hope you're all having a fine day while reading this!

As you know, we are letting our social media followers decide how we build this 40. (If you want to get in on the voting, go follow @CruiserGear and @Legend_4x4 on Instagram) When there is a new poll to vote on I will post a link to it here in this thread. The polls are only 24 hours long so make sure to "watch" this thread so you don't miss out!

Here's the results from our first poll which was Hardtop vs Soft Top.
IMG_4909.PNG

As you can see it was pretty clear the masses want it to be a hardtop! So we got to work cleaning it up and prepping it for our partners at A&T Auto Body and AFI Paint Supply. Seems like about 20 layers of paint on this thing so we've got our work cut out for us!

IMG_5613.jpeg

It's a fun contrast to the nearly finished 40 in the background there.

IMG_5616.jpeg

Last edited:
"And when we're done with it, we're giving it away to one of our lucky customers! So how do you enter to win it? It's simple, just follow @cruisergear and @legend_4x4 on Instagram (if you have it), then head on over to Cruiser Gear's website and treat yourself to something nice, because every $5 spent there gets your name entered to win!"

I think this is a great thing but you should clarify that no purchase is necessary to win, otherwise you may get a visit from the FTC. Sweepstakes-type promotions that require a purchase by participants are illegal in the United States. Your words make it sound as if I need to spend $5 to enter.

Don't worry, we have a NPN option that can be found in our Giveaway Rules section of the website. (Click the "Giveaway Rules" section in the header of our home page)

We didn't enter into this on a whim. It's something we have been building towards for over a year and our lawyers wrote up our rules and everything so it's legit.

Thanks for lookin out, and thanks for checking out our thread!

Poll #2: Patch up Old Steel vs New Tub

As you can see from the video where we introduce the 40 itself, the body is in rough shape. Some previous owner has clearly started cutting it up with hopes of patching the panels that are rusted out. There is a LOT of body work to be done with this body. It is savable we think, but possibly not on the timeline we would like to maintain for this giveaway. So we put it up to a vote for the masses to decide!

new tub put actual poll in the middle black section-100.jpg

And the masses have spoken. We'll put this body away for a future project. Time to secure a new tub!

Last edited:
Possible tub source: Teseven
Thank you we will check it out! We are waiting to hear back from a specific tub source to see if they would like to sponsor the build, but if they don't get back to us Teseven looks like a they do awesome work!

Last edited:
A lot of you already know this and already got in on it the first round, but we did a Giveaway Launch Shirt when we announced the start of the build, and we made it worth DOUBLE entries into giveaway so all the common sizes sold out WAY fast.

We've had people asking if we will bring the "double entries shirt" back so we are going to make a new version in a new color combo!

So let us know which color you like best by replying below with "LEFT," "CENTER," or "RIGHT"

We'll take the votes here and from Instagram/Facebook to decide which shirt to print!

GAW SHIRT VOTE Artboard 1.png

I want that green one, but isnt the gas filler on the wrong side?

Awe shucks, I sold my house in the USA... even though I’m below the 49th in North America, it would appear I’m not eligible to enter... probably can’t get stuff shipped here because of the same arbitrary line drawn on a piece of paper.

One of you looks familiar... Maybe from bitchin rides?
idk, I could be wrong.. :)

Awe shucks, I sold my house in the USA... even though I’m below the 49th in North America, it would appear I’m not eligible to enter... probably can’t get stuff shipped here because of the same arbitrary line drawn on a piece of paper.

If you're in Canada, we can definitely ship to you. We ship to dozens of countries. (Canada being our 2nd highest in order quantity)

But yes, we are working with our lawyers to figure out if it is possible to open the giveaway up to Canada residents. It might be possible, so I'll reply back to you again in the future if we can make it happen!

Regardless, thank you for your interest in this thread and our products!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom