Cruiser folks in Tucson are pretty sad.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to get some of the cruiser people in Tucson together is pretty tough. Would love to meet up one night and BS, hang out some Sunday at s*** creek or anything but nobody will make it to anything it seems. Again, we'll be meeting up around 5pm Sunday at the hooters on Ina and spend a few hours having some fun. There will be at least two FJ40s there so if you wanna get off your lazy arse and meet up post or PM me and I'll get you my number.

yeah thats what i found when i was ready to drive down there for a roundup, oh well it'll come together

Bite me :flipoff2:
Where were you on our Charlouleau run, or how about the couple of times I posted that I was going to hit Chivo. I stopped posting about Chivo because I can be on Reddington road in 15 min, so for me it is usually a last minute thing. I wake up and feel like getting dirty, so I go out alone.
Question about your Santa Cruz Sundays. Is it legal to be tearing thru there where you go? Many portions of the river along Silverbell have signs posted for no OHV. For me, your sunday fun would mean about an hour drive just to play redneck in the river :D
But really, getting the Tucson folk together is hard. It will happen though. I am pretty busy the next couple of weeks, but I was going to try to get a meet planned for friday night the 22nd of july. I'm going to scout out a place, maybe on speedway, for us to get together. I will try to have something posted in the next week on that. I might be able to run out next sunday to hook up with you, if you go every sunday.
I have started to drop my business card with a short cruiser message on cruisers around the east side. It will take time but eventually we will get a regular thing going. KEEP POSTING! If we give up after a couple of tries it will never happen. I am out of town this weekend, so I can't hook up. Vegas, BABY!
Later

My cruiser is "down" right now. I will be happy to make it to a get together though, just not any wheeling at this time.

I'm interested in getting together with other Cruiser folks here in the OP. My 74 fj40 is in the process of getting a SOA mod :D and a few other misc things, but I will take my 2004 taco just about anywhere until the convertible is ready to go again (ac is nice in the summer). I'm going to rocky point next weekend and to SD for a week at the end of the month, so its hard to find time but let me know.
I also hit reddington on "spur of the moment" trips at least monthly with friends, but am definately looking for some new areas to get to that are reasonably close for day trippin. charleau since the fire is cool, almost got lost as the trail disappears periodically. Keep me posted, thanks.

I am a wee too busy, and not interested in C Falls or C gap. I know there was talk a of a Rug Road trip this weekend.

I'd go out to China Camp road in the Stronghold once the weather dips below 100...

rick

Create a consistant meeting place and time -because you want to and it is a fun thing to do- then
others will eventually make the time to show up. we are going to do the same up in the middle north - and in Phoenix -

Isn't it F'n hot down there anyway?

Question about your Santa Cruz Sundays. Is it legal to be tearing thru there where you go?

Well, I have an office on Camino Martin and drop in back there so I wouldn't know:) I can tell you there are 15-20 people back there every Sunday and we've never had an issue!

Create a consistant meeting place and time

That's what I'm trying to do.... I can't go on 6 hour runs but can spare some time every Sunday. We meet over at the hooters on Ina around 5pm and most of the time there are at least two FJ40s and some four wheelers.... Anyway, same will hold true tomorrow so give me a call..

eight two nine, fiftysix forty... Call me any time, I'm a late nighter and would love to include some new people in this...

Awesome! I am locked into a work project in California until the fall. I plan on some winter hangs down south AZ I look forward to meeting the crew there :)

Sittin in Vegas at my dads house right now, guess what, it's f-n hot here too! Haven't seen a single cruiser all day up here.

Well, I would really love it if some more cruisers showed up. Tomorrow I know for fact there will be two with 350s there...

When I get mine back on the road I would love to join in, but it will be some time. Honestly, it probably won't be until the fall.

I am just getting started on my SBC conversion. Haven't actually done much yet as I have been very busy with work, but during the summer I hope to do the following.

1. Engine change
2. 4 Speed Tranny install
3. Install disk brakes
4. Power Steering
5. Aux Fuel Tank

Yeah I hear ya, with three cruisers I'm in over my head as well... I'd be interested in buying some of your parts when you're replacing them and don't mind helping as well so give me a call, my number's right above. Also if you wanna hang out on Sunday give me a call, we'll be there any Sunday it isn't flooded and you're wecome to have some fun with my Cruiser..

MaddBaggins said:
Bite me :flipoff2:
Question about your Santa Cruz Sundays. Is it legal to be tearing thru there where you go? Many portions of the river along Silverbell have signs posted for no OHV. For me, your sunday fun would mean about an hour drive just to play redneck in the river :D

The Santa Cruz River area along Silverbell Road is off-limits to all motor vehicles. It's patrolled by the Marana PD via ATV and horseback. I've heard of wheelers that have and have not been ticketed when caught in the area. We used to enjoy playing down there in the 100 until they closed it. As long as it's closed I'll not risk the $150 fine nor set a non law-abiding example for risk of added closures. I also know of 2 rigs that rolled due to the dirt giving way. :mad:

As for a meeting place? Sounds like fun though I couldn't bring the 100 or I'd not be welcomed. :D Really, May-July is work suicide for me. The other 9 months are cake.

OH............IF YOU SEE A 98-99 100 FOR SALE IN PHOENIX OR TUCSON, PLEASE LET ME KNOW? THANKS! We want to park our 100 for trips only so I want a new daily driver. :idea:

The Santa Cruz River area along Silverbell Road is off-limits to all motor vehicles

Well, then I'd think you'd see a sign, I can assure you there isn't one sign saying anything to the likes along the path we take back there.

With that said, today we took out a nice aluminium four core radiator on one of the 40s and had to tow that out and then got into a major crash in Ina when we were leaving.

So far it's been a hell of a lot of fun, no broken laws that I know of and nothing but good times! Every Sunday we'll be there along with the other 15-20 people that seem to be there every weekend...

sonoranfun said:
Well, then I'd think you'd see a sign, I can assure you there isn't one sign saying anything to the likes along the path we take back there.

With that said, today we took out a nice aluminium four core radiator on one of the 40s and had to tow that out and then got into a major crash in Ina when we were leaving.

So far it's been a hell of a lot of fun, no broken laws that I know of and nothing but good times! Every Sunday we'll be there along with the other 15-20 people that seem to be there every weekend...

There's signs all over the place between El Camino Del Cerro and Ina. On the north half the Town of Marana posts them. The south half (where it isn't private property) the City of Tucson does. Occassional the signs disappear (wheelers steal them?) though only to be replaced soon after. Sure would luv to know where you go along Silverbell Road. We used to head down to the River then drive accross and up the Rillito River. That's all closed and off limited by Marana.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
There's signs all over the place between El Camino Del Cerro and Ina. On the north half the Town of Marana posts them. The south half (where it isn't private property) the City of Tucson does. Occassional the signs disappear (wheelers steal them?) though only to be replaced soon after. Sure would luv to know where you go along Silverbell Road. We used to head down to the River then drive accross and up the Rillito River. That's all closed and off limited by Marana.

Look at this link and scroll to page 10:
http://www.marana.com/townattorney/towncode/code-chapter12.pdf

sonoranfun said:
Yeah I hear ya, with three cruisers I'm in over my head as well... I'd be interested in buying some of your parts when you're replacing them and don't mind helping as well so give me a call, my number's right above. Also if you wanna hang out on Sunday give me a call, we'll be there any Sunday it isn't flooded and you're wecome to have some fun with my Cruiser..

I will make it over on a Sunday or two here soon.

I suspect I will take you up on your offer to help also. On of the things I would like to see come from the CSC is some sort of wrenching parties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom