cruiser days trail scouting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gar

Threads
hi all
nexted saturday 9am pullout. (sharp).mission white spot is the meeting place.
who,s in?
and for one day or two?

thanks gar...

I thought we agreed to Sunday the 26th? Last plans I heard was some people might want to camp overnight on Saturday, and the rest can catch up and explore on Sunday. Is this still correct? I'm on for Sunday, no go for Saturday.

Hey gar...

I thought it was the Sunday as well, with a possible campout on Sat night...

I might end up pulling a 24hr shift that Sunday, so chances are I am out now anyway for either day, as I am helping the shift cook breakfast for the "walk to end cancer" participants at 04:30AM on Saturday, and then go to work at 08:00, till 18:00.

There is talk of doing a mid week explore this week if any of you shift workers are off Wed or Thur day.

I was planning to head out Sunday with ya'll, but need to cover this shift for this fella if he needs it on Sunday.

gb

Well, had a fun trip today with Greg B and Norm (yes, Norm :D). Check it out...some short wheeling vids from today! Have patience...let them load up and they should play. :beer:

Greg's Das Poo Vagen going down the v-rock at Sunrise Lake.

Norm's BJ70 going down the same v-rock at Sunrise Lake.

Me crunching a running board on the v-rock at Sunrise Lake.:D
Caption for the dialogue at the end of the video:
(Norm): "Yee ha!!!"
(Stone): "What's that, Greg?" Translation: So, what happened to my running board after you were spotting me, Greg? :D
(Greg): "You slipped off [the rock]"

My OOOPS! for the day: :D
June_22_2005_022.sized.jpg

Excellent fun today. Good reminder for me that I have a Cruiser and it's good to use it now and then!

Behold, the majesty of the Poo:
poo.jpg

Forgot to add...the whole point of today's trip was to scout out the possible camping grounds. Chehalis North was proposed at the last Club meeting as a possible camping site because it tends to be less crowded and still offers plenty of camping spots and has some outhouses. Here's the view from the beach of Chehalis North:
June_22_2005_002.sized.jpg

June_22_2005_003.sized.jpg

June_22_2005_004.sized.jpg

The view is great, but the campsites seem to be a bit overgrown and not as nice as the ones in the other sites.

Chehalis South: This campground is probably the smaller one of the three, and is at the South end of the lake closest to the main FSR. This probably means it gets crowded the fastest during the busy season. Also, even though there were outhouses and really nice tables...the whole campground seemed muddy and wouldn't be much a place to gather a bunch of people. The beach wasn't much of one either.

Skwellepll Creek campsite: This one is about half way up the Chehalis Lake...about 20kms from the start of the Chehalis FSR at Harrison Mills. This campsite seemed to be the best of all of them. It was large with many camping spots available. It had outhouses, and nice tables. It had a decent beach. The camground wasn't muddy.

Opinions welcome. From one sign it seemed that camping fee for the camgrounds was about $10/night. There is a resident caretaker. Didn't look like they sold firewood, but I could be wrong.

Skwellepll Cr would be perfect because Wilson Lake Trail is pracitically on the other side of the FSR from there. (turn Left before you get to campsite turnoff) and then stay right at any forks in the trail. Lots of pinstriping.

If people aren't into paying you can wilderness camp up at Wilson all along the edge of the road. I'll try and find a link and some pics. Its very picturesque when the peaks arent in the clouds.

ham

. And you would have seen me get hung up on the most benign looking rock and had a good laugh. :D[/QUOTE]

would that be the rock up at Sunrise at the campsite? On the road that sort of circles the camping areas beside the lake...it lies at about a 30 deg angle and likes to snag lower riding undercarriages.

Just guessing..cuz Ive never been caught on such a little thing..me no..never.. :eek:

Jeff

Stone said:
05_003.mov]Me crunching a running board on the v-rock at Sunrise Lake.:D[/url]
(Stone): "What's that, Greg?" Translation: So, what happened to my running board after you were spotting me, Greg? :D

Well..I'll have to dig up my photos, I put the first dent in my 45 when I crunched that same side (passenger) running board.

Jeff

Off to Kalifornia, see ya next week! :beer:

Me crunching a running board on the v-rock at Sunrise Lake.:D

actually, I remember wheeling with Greg once in Abby....and I received another large dent in my truck.

I was backing up a road we had just come down to give Mr. Telford a tug. Greg was riding shotgun and said something like 'keep an eye out for that rock back there'

Having just come down that way and not noticing any rock, I smiled and nodded thinking 'he must be dreaming of Rubicon', and then CRUNCH....put a nice crease down the side of passenger side box. Boy..did I feel silly. :cheers:

Hrmm...all my dents so to appear on my passenger side.

Jeff

What's This! Coastal Cruiser guys going wheeling? no way. And Norm, holly cow, were you waiting for me to leave town so you could start wheeling again? :D (the only time I saw you wheel was the first run I did with the CC) Nice shots guys, looks like a blast.
Cheers,
Deny

Was that Big Bar? That was probably the last time I wheeled!
And yes, I was waiting for you to leave town. Who told you? :D

Deny said:
What's This! Coastal Cruiser guys going wheeling? no way. And Norm, holly cow, were you waiting for me to leave town so you could start wheeling again? :D (the only time I saw you wheel was the first run I did with the CC) Cheers,
Deny

Ok, no I missed that first big bar run, it was saltspring island I was thinking of.
How did the old 70 handle the V rock?
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom