Cruiser Days! 2022 HOUGEN PARK Abbotsford August 6! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Hey Everyone,

Cruiser Days is being planned for the Squamish area this year. This is probably an early July show, but can be whenever, really, let's just get together!

The Squamish crew are scoping out locations but feel free to post up suggestions.

City parks are good choices as long as we are permitted to park on the grass.

Post up dates and locations and general discussion here.

The club typically covers the cost of food for these events, and we try to raffle a fridge so Steve will eventually win one.

:beer:

Last edited:
Hopefully not til at least the second weekend in July... but yay Cruiser Days is back regardless!

I've called and left a message with the booking department for public parks in Squamish, and will have an update on venues this week. Thanks for providing a tentative suggested date... I'd been looking back in the archives for when it's been typically staged. Do we have a date for Whipsaw determined?

Hi @Granite Grinder same for this thread, as there is typically a camp out the day of. Might help being lumped together as planners looks to dates?

:beer:

gb

Hi Bladedog
Any update from Squamish parks on a prospective venue?

Not really. The old campsite at Brennan Park is expensive. I took a drive out to the Spit (where they stage kite and windsurfing from). It's a potential area with great views, but gets a lot of wind. I'm going to talk to District of Squamish this week. Will keep the group posted.

Brackendale - Thought about that, but I think it's too small. Logger's Sports - haven't heard back from them. Good suggestions though. I've realized looking for suitable venues, how few there are here! Even thought about Indian Arm, but need to get permission from First Nation's for that location.

If you run out of spots, I'd be happy to book Hougen Park here in Abby, no worries.

There is the beach up Mamquam fsr where people camp. If we take up the whole site it is good for 40 trucks.

There is the beach up Mamquam fsr where people camp. If we take up the whole site it is good for 40 trucks.
Garry, I suspect we can't 'reserve' this can we? Love the idea though! I don't need a reservation either but just curious. I don't mind 'winging it'!

Have you got coordinates, not sure I know where that is. Thanks

Garry, I suspect we can't 'reserve' this can we? Love the idea though! I don't need a reservation either but just curious. I don't mind 'winging it'!
No reserving this one, but it is beautiful there. We can camp right there, and show off our camping setup :)

Not really. The old campsite at Brennan Park is expensive. I took a drive out to the Spit (where they stage kite and windsurfing from). It's a potential area with great views, but gets a lot of wind. I'm going to talk to District of Squamish this week. Will keep the group posted.
Spit has been torn out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom