Cruiser Days 2019 June 22, Hougen Park, Abbotsford! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And still more options as well:

National Luna
Waeco (apparently Waeco's are now rebranded as Dometic)
Ironman
BadAss
Edgestar
Snomaster
and probably a whole lot more I'm sure

Also, this is the console type fridge Steve had mentioned:

Amazon product ASIN B005X97OHA

Last edited:
There is a million different "shoot out" type reviews on the 'net of various fridges; this one seems pretty decent and evenly viewed

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, As you know our favorite Chef will be away for Cruiser Days and we are in need of a lunch option. I have contacted some local food trucks but none are available for June 22 (10-3).

I need some other ideas and suggestions?

If someone is willing and able to cook lunch for 100 people for an all-in price of $500, send me a PM. Hamburgers and hot-dogs are just fine. You need to provide everything.

Thanks! :beer:

6 possible events this year and working everyone of them.

Only one I got off work is the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally and that’s a bit of a trek for the 40.

Maybe next year.

Hey Everyone, As you know our favorite Chef will be away for Cruiser Days and we are in need of a lunch option. I have contacted some local food trucks but none are available for June 22 (10-3).

I need some other ideas and suggestions?

If someone is willing and able to cook lunch for 100 people for an all-in price of $500, send me a PM. Hamburgers and hot-dogs are just fine. You need to provide everything.

Thanks! :beer:

Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

Anyhoo, been trying to contact other food trucks but no luck, need to book them well in advance!

Our options are:

1) No lunch, everyone bring your own food and drinks, which is fine
2) Subway catering; we can pick up several trays of subs, chips, cookies etc to have on hand and sell a $10 lunch ticket. We won't make near as much and there is a risk that there could be lots of waste.

Let me know what you think.
:cheers:

Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

Anyhoo, been trying to contact other food trucks but no luck, need to book them well in advance!

Our options are:

1) No lunch, everyone bring your own food and drinks, which is fine
2) Subway catering; we can pick up several trays of subs, chips, cookies etc to have on hand and sell a $10 lunch ticket. We won't make near as much and there is a risk that there could be lots of waste.

Let me know what you think.
:cheers:
I'm more "Bring Your Own Lunch"

And speaking of bringing stuff, does anyone know if Jeremy is coming @missioncruiser

Yes but we are leaving for camping in the afternoon so not sure if I can stay until the end.

Was Jeremy the supplier of the generator?
FWIW I have a 2000W Champion I can bring if needed....
Hasn't let me down yet, but it is a Champion, so I'm sure it will when it actually matters :poop:

I still have the generator as well but would be taking off before the end unfortunately.

Was Jeremy the supplier of the generator?
FWIW I have a 2000W Champion I can bring if needed....
Hasn't let me down yet, but it is a Champion, so I'm sure it will when it actually matters :poop:
Perhaps we should put it to the test, one less thing for me to pack, the PA ends up filling the 80. And now I'll need a fridge for lunch, what a dilemma
@bj70_guy

Last edited:
We are raffling a fridge this year! (not ARB)

And some other cool all-Toyota stuff.

ooo, what kinda fridge? Did my info above help at all?
It was helpful but I did select a different one.

Ausranvik 48-Quart portable car refrigerator car fridge freezer - 12V/24V DC and 110V AC

Perhaps we should put it to the test, one less thing for me to pack, the PA ends up filling the 80. And now I'll need a fridge for lunch, what a dilemma
@bj70_guy

No problem. I will fire it up several days in advance....

Heads up Cruiserheads!! Cruiser Days Show-n-Shine is less than two weeks away! June 22, Hougen Park in Abbotsford, 10am - 3pm. $10 for drive-in's, walk-ins are free. Cruiser Days has been held for over 20 years! Any Toyota 4WD with a transfer case is welcome! (any year)
No lunch served this year. Our favourite chef is away and I've been unable to secure a food truck. There are lots of food options at Whatcom exit. We will have bottled water onsite.
Bring your awnings and tents and make a day of it!
Did I mention the raffle? Here are some pics of some of the prizes, more to come!
Finally, there are prizes for both BEST and WORST in show, the latter being the most coveted. Only rules, trucks must drive into show under their own power to qualify for worst or best in show.
Hope to see you at the show! PM me with any questions!
20190609_203950.jpg

Only 1 Week until Cruiser Days! June 22, 10am to 3pm Hougen Park in Abbotsford. Any Toyota 4X4 welcome! ($10 to drive into the show) No Toyota? Walk-ins are free!

Cruiser Days in its 24th year is more than just a show-n-shine. Make new friends and visit with old friends!

It's also a swap meet; bring your parts, we need 'em!

Our raffle is unique! Yes we raffle off a fridge/freezer along with many other cool prizes but we also have fun ones like
  1. Iron Butt Award: Awarded to the furthest traveller to come to Cruiser Days! Better start soon, visitors come from 100's of miles away!
    • Worst in Show!: All land cruiser owners live with rust, so we're pretty humble about how our trucks look. In fact, the Show-n-Shine is really a misnomer; whatever you do, don't polish your truck before coming!
      1f642.png
      :)
    • New this year: The time capsule raffle prize! From the dust of 1979 comes a surprise raffle prize donated from one of our long-time members.
And after the show, there's more! An overnight stock friendly wheeling trip to a destination unknown until the day of the show! (but usually Harrison or Chehalis!)

Hope to see you there!
20190614_092547.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom