Cruiser Days 2005 - Vancouver, BC.

Stone

Hello everyone:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that Cruiser Days for 2005 is set for August 13, 2005 (Saturday) from 9AM to 3PM.

For those of you who haven't heard of it before, this event used to be organized by Jim Pattison Toyota until a few years ago. It was a well attended event that featured all sorts of Land Cruisers. This year, the Coastal Cruisers Club of Vancouver, BC is resurrecting the popular event. It will be similar in format to the old shows, and this time will be a Cruiser show and shine as well as a vendor showcase. Venue will once again be at the parking lot of North Surrey Secondary School at the corner of 96th Avenue and 160th Street in Surrey.

Admission will be free, and private owners of Land Cruisers of all models are invited to come and display their ride at the event. There will be a food stand operated by a local charity, as well as t-shirt sales and raffles throughout the day. Voting for best Cruiser in show will take place and there will be recognition for the winner. The atmosphere will be casual and family friendly.

I have started to mail out participation invitations to local vendors. If you are a vendor interested in participating, please contact me as soon as possible at ashuang@telus.net. Thank you.

Cheers,
Stone

lx450landcruiser

damn man as soon as i leave up here a cruiser event happens and nothing goes on in az. then i leave az and they do stuff. looks like im cursed.

sorry ill miss it

Sorry I'll miss it this year. I remember asking about it last year......and I think it's a really great idea to ressurect it guys.

Big :cheers: to Coastal Cruisers Club of Vancouver!!

TY

Stone

Landpimp said:
... but I am afraid I can't get into canada anymore :(
What?!? We let everyone in, Pimp...especially guys who own a hoard of Cruisers. I'll vouch for you...:D

i will have to try and make it up there, i wanted to go about 3 years ago and called the dealer and they said they were not having it any more. some of my buddies went the year before and said it was a blast, i will have to let them know because they dont hang out here. i will have to look into getting a passport and all my crap together so i can get back in my own country. THANKS!

oh and pimp had a small incident on his record that he was trying to straighten out.

Stone

Yup...just show up. Although depending on how busy it gets...you should probably show up near the beginning of the event to have your truck showcased in the parking lot. Otherwise, you may end up parking in the street.

Landpimp

yes I do..........but I also have a 20 year old felony ......which was not a problem before 9/11.........but I think it keeps me out of canada now......or so I hear.

Exiled said:
You don't have a passport?

crushers

post ho

you can apply for a pardon and have it removed, no? otherwise call the border and see if it is a problem.
everytime i come from here to there they don't even check the computor... must be my honest face.
give it a try, it would be great to met you (and others on the list)...
cheers

Landpimp

I am working thru the process.......but it will take sometime and a good pile of cash.

but your prolly right.......I doubt they will check at the border.

I might have someone give a call to see if it is an issue or not............becuase I would like to head up and check it out and meet some of you good canidian folks :)

crushers said:
you can apply for a pardon and have it removed, no? otherwise call the border and see if it is a problem.
everytime i come from here to there they don't even check the computor... must be my honest face.
give it a try, it would be great to met you (and others on the list)...
cheers

Radd Cruisers

Landpimp said:
I am working thru the process.......but it will take sometime and a good pile of cash.

but your prolly right.......I doubt they will check at the border.

I might have someone give a call to see if it is an issue or not............becuase I would like to head up and check it out and meet some of you good canidian folks :)

Would be good to see you again John and I might have the use of the FJ45 with 1HZ diesel, still awaiting the parabolics.

Or my dream to be project piggy with 1HZ.

Rob

Landpimp said:
yes I do..........but I also have a 20 year old felony ......which was not a problem before 9/11.........but I think it keeps me out of canada now......or so I hear.
Usually works the other way around. You might not be able to get back in ;) ... being a dangerous felon and all. I would look into that, I'd be surprised if they didn't let you cross into Canada for an old felony, especially if it was not committed here... but what do i know?

semlin

curmudgeon

Landpimp
I believe it works like this
1. you have no obligation to volunteer to canadian customs you have a record if they don't ask
2. they will never ask if you are crossing in your own vehicle unless you have spinners or you bring the new improved jimmywagon
3. if they did ask they still have discretion to let you in
4. it is highly unlikely they would bar you for something 20 years old unless it was very serious
5. they will ask you if you have guns -- leave those at home

your border system is a little stricter.

For what its worth Semlin, the US Customs asked me #2 5 yrs ago ...

Aren't pardons grand ? :D

TY - what criminal record ??

Top Bottom