Cruiser Days 2005 - Vancouver BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bcfishingreports.com
Hello everyone:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that Cruiser Days for 2005 is set for August 13, 2005 (Saturday) from 9AM to 3PM.

For those of you who haven't heard of it before, this event used to be organized by Jim Pattison Toyota until a few years ago. It was a well attended event that featured all sorts of Land Cruisers. This year, the Coastal Cruisers Club of Vancouver, BC is resurrecting the popular event. It will be similar in format to the old shows, and this time will be a Cruiser show and shine as well as a vendor showcase. Venue will once again be at the parking lot of North Surrey Secondary School at the corner of 96th Avenue and 160th Street in Surrey.

Admission will be free, and private owners of Land Cruisers of all models are invited to come and display their ride at the event. There will be a food stand operated by a local charity, as well as t-shirt sales and raffles throughout the day. Voting for best Cruiser in show will take place and there will be recognition for the winner. The atmosphere will be casual and family friendly.

I have started to mail out participation invitations to local vendors. If you are a vendor interested in participating, please contact me as soon as possible at ashuang@telus.net. Thank you.

Cheers,
Stone

Can you pdf or word, or snail mail out some fliers for folks to post up or hand out?

Ill post 'em up around the familiar haunts in Victoria.

Ya, you guys could even hand those out at the next meeting and get everybody to stuff it under any cruiser's windshield wiper they see!

How many of you guys would like to camp Saturday evening after the show and then go for trail rides with us on Sunday? Sounds like there's strong interest in the Coastal Cruisers membership to do this. We are right now considering the Chehalis area to camp and wheel in because there are picturesque campsites there (by the lake) as well as a mixture of trails. There are very challenging trails for built rigs like the Can Opener and 6 Feet Under, and milder but still interesting trails for slightly modified and stock rigs.

A few of us are going to be doing some scouting runs on June 26th to find suitable campsites and trails, and we would like to get an idea of the interest out there. Please also let us know the type of vehicle that you will be bringing...whether it be a stocker for milder trails or a built trail rig for the tougher stuff with possible damage.

Please note that you will need to be self-sufficient with all of your camping equipment and food/drinks. There may be a fee payable to the caretaker of the campground, and fee will vary depending on which campground we end up using. Details to follow later.

Thanks. :beer:

BUGGER! I'll be in Sweden working on the 13th.

I'd have liked to have gone.

TB

HZJ60 Guy said:
BUGGER! I'll be in Sweden working on the 13th.
TB

Hey!...are you a chef?

Have we worked together before?

Swedish_chef.jpg

My eye brows arent that long.

TB :doh:

Just an update on some vendors who have indicated that they will make the show...looks like a pretty good showing of Cruiser related stuff:

-Extreme Bends (all sorts of custom Cruiser work, aluminum tubs, parts, etc.)
-Travis Rankin - Smurfields!!!
-G&S Cruiser Parts (already well known here as a good reliable source of often hard to find Cruiser stuff)
-Jim Pattison Toyota (Cruiserheads Gord and Dan started this event)
-Ciarran Wilson (very talented at diesel swaps and other customization)
-Prairie Dog Parts (Belton dealer and Cruiser parts)

This list will be updated as vendors confirm their commitment...but it looks like a good showing. Hopefully lots of Cruiser owners show up to show off their rigs too! That's the main focus of the event after all. Cheers!

Hi Stone,

I think I mentioned before.... I will attend and would like to volunteer for either planning or for the day itself (schedule permitting as I am a single parent with 2 teenagers. Yikes.).

Thanks,

Bruce

Stone,

Yes. I am REALLY looking forward to it. :)

B

HI Stone:
I have it marked on my calendar and will help out where needed.

Petra

Deny and I hopefully will be in attendance. So.... put Deny to work so he stays out of trouble.

And yes, I'm willing to help out too wherever needed on the 13th and before (via email/online)

:beer:

Charla: You mean we finally get to meet you August 13? :rolleyes: Some people have been suggesting that you are not a real person, just a figment of Bruce's imagination. By actually showing up in person, you will dispell all speculation, plus officially be blessd by our great leader S.T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom